Playing with Carseats

natysr

So, my trip to play with carseats yesterday could have gone a bit better, but I had fun anyway.

My model fell asleep in the car 10 minutes before we got there. He was really confused when he awoke in the recaro in the store. He wasn't that happy about it either.

Everytime I started to put him in a seat he would start to ask for milk (which is what he does when he is sleepy in the car). He was also yelling at DH in the store not to take pictures. It is kind of embarassing enough to take pictures of merchandise in a store, then to add a 3 year old to the mix to draw attention to it is too much for me, so I have no pictures.

Well, I was in carseat heaven there. They had on display:

Britax companion
Britax Roundabout
Britax Marathon
Britax Decathalon
Britax Boulevard
Britax Regent
Britax Parkway
Britax Monarch

Recaro Como
Recaro Young Style

Radian65
Radian80

Safeguard
Safeguard Go

Other than the britax seats, I had never seen the other seats in person, so it was fun.

It was 100 degrees outside so I didn't try to install any of them.

My opinion of the Recaro was that I did like it. But, I didn't like it enough to buy it to replace either of my britax seats. I did love the rearfacing lockoff...it looked like there is no way it could pop open. I tried my son it in with and without the padded inserts. He fit both ways, but it definately took longer to secure him in the harness than it does in the britax, especially with all the padding in the seat. That is not a huge deal for me, but for a parent that is not very conscience about making sure the harness is snug, I could see them just not taking the time to tighten it properly.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
So where are the pictures? LOL

What store were you in that had those in stock??? I want to go! I've never seen the Safeguard Child Seat or Go in person, nor a Radian 80 (I have two 65s at home).

Wendy

natysr

I wish I had pictures. I may have to go back someday....not around naptime.

I was at a store called KidsNcribs.

I actually really liked the Safeguard seat. It was really nice, but the seat really surprised me. The seat was on the floor right next to the regent, and the top of the headrest was actually taller than the regent. The seat is huge. It surprised me because I knew the top harness height was lower than the top harness height of the regent, so, I guess with the Safeguard there is more head protection for a child that is just about to outgrow the seat versus a regent for a child about to outgrow it.

I know it is a super expensive seat, but I may consider saving for it for when Jordan outgrows the Marathon and Boulevard...or when they expire..which ever comes first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC