Question Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport or Easy Fit 65 or ???

starshine514

Hi :happy-wavehello:
I haven't been here for a while (since I haven't been in the market for seats for my girls), but need some advice for a seat for my great-nephew. He's 5 months old, and I don't know his exact measurements (I'm thinking about 27.5" long and about 16 lbs), but he'll be outgrowing his infant seat soon. We purchased a Britax Marathon Classic for him, which is currently installed in his dad's car. I had planned on moving this to my niece's car when he outgrew his infant seat, but she says that it won't fit. She has a 1990 Camry and wants to keep him in the center position. She doesn't have any other kids, so we're only worried about length, not width. She and her husband are both tall, so at least the driver's seat can't be moved up too much.

I'm going to be gifting her the seat, so I'd like for it to be an economical seat. I've been eyeing the Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport that they have on the Walmart website for $78. I'm leaning towards that one due to the higher weight limits on it (and with two tall parents, and looking at his cousins on both sides, he has the potential to be tall/heavy for his age and may outgrow limits on many of the more economical convertibles before he's really ready to be in a booster).

ETA: I'm also looking at the Safety 1st Easy Fit 65 that they have on the Babies R Us website. They look to be similar and I'd like opinions on either.

So, I have two questions. Is the Safety 1st Guide 65 a decent seat? I don't want to buy him a bad seat, just because it fits into the price range I want to spend. If it is an OK seat, do you think it will fit OK in my niece's car? Since they have the Easy Fit at a Babies R Us nearby, I may just arrange a little outing over there with my niece to try it out, if it's an OK seat.

Also, are there any other seats in the under $100 price range with an extended height/weight range that you think would be better?

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport in 1990 Camry?

This is just a bump for you, since I have very little experience of the Guide. :)

starshine514

Re: Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport in 1990 Camry?

I'm also looking at the Safety 1st Easy Fit 65, which appears to be similiar and they carry at Babies R Us. any experience with those? :)

MamaErin

Re: Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport or Easy Fit 65?

I don't have a Guide65 myself but have heard it is one of the most well liked budget seats. The Guide 65 and the EasyFit are the same thing, babies r us just like to have their own names for things :rolleyes:

starshine514

Re: Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport or Easy Fit 65?

I don't have a Guide65 myself but have heard it is one of the most well liked budget seats. The Guide 65 and the EasyFit are the same thing, babies r us just like to have their own names for things :rolleyes:

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that. I'll be arranging an outing to BRU soon. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC