How to convince nanny that 3 yo needs harnessed seat still???

#1babysitter

I'm a nanny myself and I have friends that are nannies as well. Since I am such a big believer in ERF and extended harnessing I bought all the car seats I have and the families I work for paid for some of them. My friend is a nanny but the family she works for just gave her car seats for the kids. The kids are just turned 5 and 3 year olds. They both ride in the Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1's. I know, horrible seat! J is 5 and he is very mature for his age and I believe he will properly sit in a booster. My friend, the nanny has been asking the parents to buy her new seats aka boosters because she is tired of the 5 point harness. The parents said they would but haven't gotten around to it yet. I need help on how to tell her that A the newly turned 3 year old would be safer in a 5 point harness still. Her brother can buckle her in when they get in the car so it doesn't even require my friend to do anything but check to make sure she is buckled properly. I don't see why it's such a big deal that she stays harnessed. I want kids to be as safe as possible when they are with me because they are not my kids! I know J has definitely outgrown the Alpha Omega and A probably has or is close to it. What cheaper harnessed seat should I suggest she ask the parents to get for A? She is big for her age. Turned 3 two months ago, is around 40" tall, 40 pounds and wears a size 4-5 clothes. Maybe a Meastro?

ADS

Brianna

I would show her Belle's gift. A Maestro would probably be good for the 3 year old and a Turbo for the 5 year old. It's very likely he has outgrown the harness and the AOE should never be used as a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC