Light weight stoller for tall people

kflek

Hi I am desperatly looking for a light weight stroller. I currently use the Graco that came with my snugride and a Duo Glider and both are beasts!!! I need both a single and a double. My dd is 7 months and my ds just turned 2 but he is 31lbs and I noticed most of the mcclarean's only go to 33 lbs. I need a stroller for a tall person since I am 5'10 and every lightweight stoller I tried kills my back. I would also like a basket and a cup holder (for me). Thanks.

ADS

bbartlettnfld

I think you are off on the Maclarens I think they go to 45lbs.. Check again.. They often put 33 just to have a limit.. But I think you would be fine as I have see many a 5-6 yr old in a volo at disney and they are wayyy more than 33 lbs!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maclarens go to 55 pounds in the US, they are labeled to 33 in the UK, if I understand the picture on the mac website correctly (little picture of a lead weight in the stroller, lol). Definitely 55 here :). They have an parent organizer bag/cupholder thingie you can buy separately. How about a Peg Perego P3, though? It's got telescoping handles, cupholder, snack tray, and board for the older child to ride on (2 might be too young, but next year....)

kflek

Maclarens go to 55 pounds in the US, they are labeled to 33 in the UK, if I understand the picture on the mac website correctly (little picture of a lead weight in the stroller, lol). Definitely 55 here :). They have an parent organizer bag/cupholder thingie you can buy separately. How about a Peg Perego P3, though? It's got telescoping handles, cupholder, snack tray, and board for the older child to ride on (2 might be too
young, but next year....)

Thanks put the P3 is a little out of my price range. It would be good for ds to ride on next year but.... We already have to buy 2 new carseats. How about the Pliko light? Is that a good one? I can get a 2006 model on Albeebaby for $129 Or does anyone know anything about the Zooper Salsa? Albee had one for $60 something.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Maclaren umbrellas (with the exception of the Techno XLR) hold 55 pounds (the XLR holds 65 pounds!). They are FABULOUS for tall parents.

I would look at any of the Maclaren umbrellas, the Uppa-Baby G-Lite, or the Baby Planet Solo. They are all great for tall parents. :)

lovinwaves

The Maclaren umbrellas (with the exception of the Techno XLR) hold 55 pounds (the XLR holds 65 pounds!). They are FABULOUS for tall parents.

I would look at any of the Maclaren umbrellas, the Uppa-Baby G-Lite, or the Baby Planet Solo. They are all great for tall parents. :)

:yeahthat:

Here are the links:

Uppa Baby G-lite It weighs less than the Maclaren Volo, stands on it's own when folded, and includes a fabric insert. Retail $99

Baby Planet Unity Sport Double Each seat holds 55lbs. Retail $289. Great for taller parents because the center wheel is inset and is much smaller than the outer wheels. I have personally played with and pushed this stroller. This would be the only double umbrella I would buy because I am 5'9" and DH is 5'10". All others we tended to kick.

lovinwaves

It says the baby planet solo weighs over 18lbs. Is that true?
That dosen't seem very lightweight?

The Baby Planet Solo would be more comparable with a Peg Perego, or Mid-size stroller, NOT a lightweight stroller.
But 18lbs isn't that much to me for a stroller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC