Cosco Top Side question

monstah

Does any other LBB position the shoulder belt as close, or closer to the neck, than the Top Side? DS is getting too tall for the Oobr and the shoulder belt is too low on his shoulder without the belt guide even in the low profile LiteRider. Any other suggestions are more than welcome!

Does Target carry it in store? Price? It's $19.99 on Amazon with Prime. TIA :)

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Top Side is your best bet. The combination of a low profile and the untraditional belt routing is going to position the belt closer to the child's neck than anything else. I actually like this LBB specifically for these situations. Not sure about all Targets but my local Target has it. If you get it - let us know if it solves your issue.

monstah

Top Side is your best bet. The combination of a low profile and the untraditional belt routing is going to position the belt closer to the child's neck than anything else. I actually like this LBB specifically for these situations. Not sure about all Targets but my local Target has it. If you get it - let us know if it solves your issue.

Will do! Do you have any guesses as to what may have prompted the untraditional routing? It's so.... untraditional?! :p

Irishmama

I've always wondered that too! We have one in our three-across because the belt routing makes it easier to buckle than the Literider.

zactayaus

Too bad you don't live near me anymore. I would have given you ours. I hate it. It is the worst belt fit ever on my kid in my truck. It was used once and now it just sits in the closet.:( Good thing I only paid $8 for it.

Shaunam

I bought one specificaly because Adrian was having issues with the belt being too low. It is *excellent* for this problem.

literider:

literider1_zps11490789.jpg

topside:
fbd16ff3f69b518cc3e891bb645235cc.jpg

It made enough of a difference that I think we're good until he's ready to 5 step. I hope. :eek:

monstah

I bought one specificaly because Adrian was having issues with the belt being too low. It is *excellent* for this problem.

It made enough of a difference that I think we're good until he's ready to 5 step. I hope. :eek:

The searching I did on here led me to the thread you (and Kat IIRC?) posted pictures in and that's what made me realize the Top Side might be exactly what I need. :thumbsup:

It seems so weird, if that makes sense, that I have to retire my titanium wrapped yada yada Oobr for a $15 piece of plastic. :p

I hear the stack-it has the same routing. Never tried that seat, though.

Thanks I didn't know that, I'll check it out!

monstah

Too bad you don't live near me anymore. I would have given you ours. I hate it. It is the worst belt fit ever on my kid in my truck. It was used once and now it just sits in the closet.:( Good thing I only paid $8 for it.

Bummer! Do you have a picture?
And how'd you get it for only 8 bucks? I was going to order it from Amazon for 20. Boooo! :p

zactayaus

Bummer! Do you have a picture?
And how'd you get it for only 8 bucks? I was going to order it from Amazon for 20. Boooo! :p

I don't have a pic but I seriously need to take one. It was the worst belt fit I have ever seen in my life and we've been using boosters for the past 7 years straight. Even DS was like what the heck! lmao. We even tried it with traditional routing to see if maybe it would be better but it was even worse.

I got mine on sale at Target last Spring and used my Target card for additional savings.:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In the right car, the fit is so totally awesome. I love how it really is next to the torso, across the higher part of it, really ON the chest, and it's great for our pesky low shoulderbelt anchor problem. Wrong car? dreadful awful no good very bad fit :p
My Rightway (Stackit Highback) is not the same at all. The belt guides are very far forward of the bight, and it looks utterly crazy to have it with the shoulderbelt over the armrest on the buckle side. Plus the sticker on the side is quite clear it's a standard routing. :)

monstah

I ordered one. It was free in a way, thanks to winning a $45 Amazon credit from cs.org a few weeks ago. :D I'll take some comparison pics when it gets here and update then.
Thank you Darren. :thumbsup:

monstah

That was fast. My model is at school but I have hope. The first pics show how the Oobr is grazing the ceiling. (I don't know if that's the last notch, I didn't think to check.) Moving it up would force it toward the front if the car.

The next pics are shoulder belt placement Oobr backless vs. Topside. With DS in the TS, it probably won't scooch to the side and might be better. We shall see.

Last edited:

Baylor

That was fast. My model is at school but I have hope. The first pics show how the Oobr is touching the ceiling. (I don't know if that's the last notch, I didn't think to check.)
The next pics are shoulder belt placement Oobr backless vs. Topside. With DS in the TS, it probably won't scooch to the side and might be better. We shall see.

Okay, I have to get one of these. I think it will help that last bench in my van also! Thanks for the pictures!

christineka

My Rightway (Stackit Highback) is not the same at all. The belt guides are very far forward of the bight, and it looks utterly crazy to have it with the shoulderbelt over the armrest on the buckle side. Plus the sticker on the side is quite clear it's a standard routing. :)

Good to know. I haven't tried the seat, Someone here said it had the funky routing and I simply believed them.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the backless Stack-It actually does have that routing, but I just glanced at it.

monstah

DS is home and the Top Side has an *awesome* belt fit! Unfortunately, DS wasn't willing to have his picture taken. At all. :p
So you guys will just have to take my word for it. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC