Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

2010 Honda Accord?

DP and I think we've decided on a car. We've found a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L sedan for sale that we really like. Anyone have experience with installing seats in one? We have no kids yet, but we do plan to while we still have this car. Just want to make sure no one has any horror stories about it, because we are otherwise pretty set on it

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I don't think the 2010 was much different than the '09 I had. How many seats are going in the back? (I apologize if I missed that in the OP)

Eta: sorry, just re read. You should be fine with two seats. Three across would be super tight, but not impossible. It just depends on the seats and how you place them. My DH is a bigger guy, so we did a middle and passenger outboard install of our seats so he could have the room.
    Jonathan, nearly 8: Britax PWSGL & Recaro Performance Booster & Ryan, 4: Graco Milestone and Frontier90

CPS Technician

Re: 2010 Honda Accord?

Yeah, DP is 6'2", so I did consider it may be a bit of a stretch for a RF seat behind him, but I'm only 5'0" to 5'1", so there would be more room on my side.

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    I have an '09 accord. Love it!

I find it wonderful for installations. I have a plethora of seats, if you need any specifics.

Best of luck.
    -Angela

I have a '10 accord and its great! The back seat is flat enough that you can get a good rf install in any position. The middle position is where I have my MA70 installed ff only because it was COMPLETELY flat with the seat on the back and bottom and I was just being picky. :-) fwiw I have leather and its great in this car!
    Michelle