Need a list of boosters that might work for us

2BunniesMommy

Needs to be LATCHable.

Needs to not need head support from the car.

Cannot be as wide as the Frontier85.

Thanks!

ADS

Athena

Was just going to say the Parkway SGL, but ketchupqueen beat me to it. :)

I happened to have a Frontier 85, Parkway SGL and a tape measure all sitting in the next room. Measured across at a few points and it looks like it's definitely slimmer.

P.S. I also have a turbo (but it's the regular, not affix, don't know how the size varies), so feel free to let me know if you'd like any measurements. I probably won't get things re-installed until the weekend, maybe longer depending on the weather.

2BunniesMommy

Too expensive, but I would love one.
Cybex X-Fix, maybe? But you have to buckle that in even when using LATCH.

Parkway SG-L.

That's just rude! Why make it with LATCH and still require seat belting in when not in use?!?

Was just going to say the Parkway SGL, but ketchupqueen beat me to it. :)

I happened to have a Frontier 85, Parkway SGL and a tape measure all sitting in the next room. Measured across at a few points and it looks like it's definitely slimmer.

P.S. I also have a turbo (but it's the regular, not affix, don't know how the size varies), so feel free to let me know if you'd like any measurements. I probably won't get things re-installed until the weekend, maybe longer depending on the weather.

Had a PWSGL that didn't work in the van so sent it back. Might fit DD better now/work better in the car. So for sure on the options list. High on it actually. We are using a TB right now and it is a good fit but I want LATCH and we need to get this seat back to MIL.

Athena

Had a PWSGL that didn't work in the van so sent it back. Might fit DD better now/work better in the car.

I had ruled it out months ago thinking it would not fit my DD and maybe at that time it would not have, but I finally tried one and was pleased with the fit. What's her stats? But I ordered from a store with easy, free returns just in case.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It comes out too easy and might not hold in a frontal collision, I guess-they designed it for side impact protection.

lorinick

Just got the PW SGL. We really like it. It was really important for me to have latch. My child looked to fit better in the Britax than the Affix.

2BunniesMommy

Ok, we have decided to give the PW SGL another go, since DD is bigger and we have a different car. Where can I find the best price and free return shipping in case it doesn't work?

Athena

Ok, we have decided to give the PW SGL another go, since DD is bigger and we have a different car. Where can I find the best price and free return shipping in case it doesn't work?

What color? Would you rather order now or wait for a deal?

I needed free returns too, so I looked at amazon (look for "free return shipping" on item description), diapers.com (free return shipping), target (store return), and kohls (store return). I don't know if there's anywhere else for free returns, but those were my options.

To my surprise, I ended up finding the best deal at Kohls (sale + 2 stacking codes + rewards back), but I don't think that's usually the case.

ETA: Out of those nutmeg at amazon is $107.07, others $112.49 at amazon and diapers. target and Kohls are more. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC