Help with Maestro buckle.

Baylor

My cousin got a new Maestro last summer. The buckle was so stuck she could not get son out.

She called Evenflo and they are sending her a free new one but they want the old one. Should she send it to them or report it first?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hopefully if everyone keeps reporting it they will stop using these buckles and have a replacement available that's, you know, better!

Baylor

Hopefully if everyone keeps reporting it they will stop using these buckles and have a replacement available that's, you know, better!

Yes! She was so upset she was out in the cold and he was crying while she was trying to get him out. Ugly.

I told her not to send anything to evenflo until she talks to NHTSA.

Does anyone have phone number? I'm on app now.

auto correct hates me

Baylor

Can I ask who does not use these buckles? He's 5 not booster ready. 40ish lbs. still under harness height on maestro

auto correct hates me

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Britax doesn't, not does Recaro; I'm not sure what the new Harmony buckle is like (other than the short strAp) and I haven't heard about KidsEMBRACE either. Dorel uses a different type but most of their combinations wouldn't be recommended or wouldn't fit... The Baby Trend seats are also not generally recommended.

SavsMom

The harmony buckle is like the Britax...its the good one with the exception of being short (its annoying but my daughter hasn't complained).

Baylor

The harmony buckle is like the Britax...its the good one with the exception of being short (its annoying but my daughter hasn't complained).

I was thinking about that harmony combo seat at Walmart.

auto correct hates me

Baylor

Awesome. She asked if they were going to send get same buckle. I said yes. Now she's freaked. It was pretty traumatic for her and son this morning on a crowded side street in Philly trying to unload her son.

auto correct hates me

Baylor

So she called and said the guy was rude to her and said he'd get back to her and hung up.. Is that normal?

mominabigtruck

I've never had anything but fabulous service from evenflo so it's strange to me. I wouldn't want a new, same buckle either, I mean if it's the same design.....

When I had a mr with the crappy buckle, I just switched it out for another buckle I had in my parts box. But then I also switch out all of my dorel chest clips which is something I wouldn't recommend to the average parent.

Baylor

I've never had anything but fabulous service from evenflo so it's strange to me. I wouldn't want a new, same buckle either, I mean if it's the same design.....

When I had a mr with the crappy buckle, I just switched it out for another buckle I had in my parts box. But then I also switch out all of my dorel chest clips which is something I wouldn't recommend to the average parent.

Not evenflo. NHTSA. They were rude to her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC