Marathon or Fisher Price

jen21ks

Our son is 6 months and weighs 20lbs (he is our Mr. Chubby:)) His car sear only goes up to 22 lbs so we are in a quick search for a new one. We are going to go with either the marathon or the fisher price that is similar to the marathon, but less expense. I have read that the Britax has extra features that the fisher price doesn't..such as rear facing tether. What is a tether? is it the same as LATCH? Also, does anyone know what other features the britax has over the fisher price? I have done some research but I am not very familiar with all the car seat lingo and I thought you all might be a good resource for me and my time crunch! Thanks!

ADS

mykidsmylife

If you can afford the marathon go with it. I wanted it but we ant afford it so I got the Fisher Price Safe Voyafe.
I know the straps are better quality, the latch is better, the fact you can tether it rf etc,,,,
A tech can tell you a lot more. I just wanted to tell you my friend has 2 marathons and I have the FPSV and I sure wish I could afford the marathon. I would buy it in a breeze

crunchierthanthou

Tethering is part of ff LATCH, but a few carseat manufacturers allow their seats to be tethered rf as well. Britax is one of these.

Some of the advantages of the Marathon (MA) over the FPSVD
-tether rf
-65 lbs ff weight limit instead of 55
-has built in lock-offs for use with non-locking seatbelts
-alligator style LATCH connectors, which most users feel are more convenient
-plusher (and in many users' experience) higher quality covers with more options for patterns

Children often outgrow seats by height first, so that 10 lb difference is usually a non-issue. It's difficult to guage at 6 months, but I'd probably go for the MA for the higher ff weight limit in your case. That's probably 4-5 years away, but might be useful if he's outgrowing his infant seat by weight before height. Plus, even at 20 lbs he still has a good amount of time left before he hits the 33 lb limit for rf, so you can take advantage of the rf tether.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC