Question Why do manufacturers have to cut corners on seats

mlohry

So I bought a cheap Prosport on NBD a couple months ago for DD and it was dated 2/12. Installed like a dream in our van, DD rode in it for 1 long trip and I was very happy with it, however I wanted a different color so sold that seat to a fellow member on here and ordered one from Amazon. That new seat came this week with a 1/13 manufacture date. I paid the premium price for the new seat. They have removed the recline boot and after installing it and struggling like crazy finally figured out it's because they got rid of the independent LATCH adjusters. Now it's just the one side that you tighten, which for some reason is a lot harder in our van. Our MA70 installs in 1 minute with the independent LATCH connectors.

I know Recaro isn't the only company to go the cheaper route on seats, but why do they do this?! So annoying!

We are returning the new PS and going back to the MA70.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Make sure you write Recaro and let them know exactly why you are not happy with their seat, and that it is causing you to return it and go with a different option!

jess71903

Ambassador
The old ones don't have truly independent LATCH connectors. They just have an adjuster on either side of 1 strap. If I were you, I'd call or email and see if you can buy a recline foot and old-style LATCH strap. I've been pleased with their CS.

mlohry

Oh I know they will, I just am questioning why this seems to happen with all things, not just car seats. My mom and I had this discussion tonight, even her favorite brand of make up is constantly being changed, not the name of items, but the product itself. I am sure it's to cut costs, but just annoying as the consumer.

Jessica61624

Its the consumers who drive prices down. Everyone wants more for less. Companies cut costs to meet those low prices the consumer demands.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC