Harmony Defender 360 - contacted CS about crotch strap

TheNimpsGirl

I swung by my local Walmart and picked one up to give it a try. I really like this seat, DS is on the 3rd slot from the top in the house (depending on install may have to move him up) and I like how narrow it is. Putting together was a bit more work than normal but nothing major.

He does fit into the harness at 48lbs just fine near the crotch strap. I don't know if he would though if he was chunky. I asked him if the harness was uncomfortable on him and he said no.

I e-mailed Harmony and heard back in less than 12 hours from a CS rep :thumbsup: He was extremely nice and asked if I could take some photos to send to the company. I uploaded them here so others can see. DS is 48lbs, 44" tall and wears 5T pants.

My biggest issues that I hope you can see in the photos, are that already the buckle (in the outer position) is starting to go underneath him and that the black tongs are begining to dig into his thighs. I don't know if this is a safety issue or not but down the road it might be a comfort issue.

He informed me that they do not have a longer crotch strap for purchase :thumbsdown: but that he would send my photos along. He stated that if a longer crotch strap were to be designed/made it would take at least 2 months (so they can do safety testing) but that really, the short crotch strap had them perplexed.

I measured the strap on the Defender from the plastic shell to the bottom of the buckle and came out with 3" long. I then measured the crotch strap length on the Frontier, the same way, and came out with 4.5" long, so a considerable difference.

Perhaps more individuals could contact Harmony? I think this seat could be great for many families due to the harness height, $99 price point and at a store most people can get to (whether they like the store or shop there or not, that's a different issue).

Attachments

• picture1.jpg
    picture1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 63
  • picture2.jpg
    picture2.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 58
  • picture3.jpg
    picture3.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 56
ADS

christineka

I haven't actually seen the seat in person yet, so I haven't mentioned it to harmony. I sure hope they do come out with a longer strap! I think I want this seat for the car- unless the new first years' seat actually comes out.

TheNimpsGirl

I picked it up as his seat for his grand parent's car and for $99 I'm fairly impressed.

The harness and buckle remind me of the TF actually. Same tongs and same issue with the crotch strap getting sat on.

whitneyg

The short crotch strap was one of the reasons I returned mine...otherwise I really liked it. I would buy it again if there was a longer strap available.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC