Harmony folding booster

nannykates

Saw this at my Walmart today and picked one up so I could play. :) I couldn't find anything about it in real life yet so I took pictures to share. Which I can't get to go up right now. However, I did manage to get some measurements.

Internal seating width- 10.5"
internal seating depth- 13"
Lowest belt guide-15"
highest belt guide- 19"
width of base- 14"
width of widest part (shoulders)- 18"

Some general things I noticed (this is the first time I've done this so let me know if you have questions or corrections for me): The folding felt awkward the first time but after that was really simple. There is an odd bump in the crotch section that I could see either being quite helpful or really uncomfortable depending on how it fit a child. I really like how the base is narrower I think it could help with the buckle process...especially with a three across.

ADS

nannykates

Got the pictures to go...sorry new at this.

Attachments

• 20130122_140220.jpg
    20130122_140220.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 20130122_140323.jpg
    20130122_140323.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 20130122_140500.jpg
    20130122_140500.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 20130122_140750.jpg
    20130122_140750.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 120
  • 20130122_140804.jpg
    20130122_140804.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20130122_140831.jpg
    20130122_140831.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 106

nannykates

I just tried it in my car(01 accord) I like how it fits on my middle seat where most boosters are tipy on the hump. Waiting for my booster rider to come home since can check belt fit.

nannykates

Here is a belt fit photo. The lap belt is better than it looks. The shoulder belt stays in the guide and it retracts. This is the first booster we have tried that she could buckle herself correctly the first time(she forgets to put the shoulder belt under the armrest on the buckle side but the armrest is so high it doesn't feel right until she fixes it). She is almost out of the top harness slots of a nautilus but has quite a bit of room in this.

Attachments

• 20130123_133240.jpg
    20130123_133240.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 149

FedBaby

DD has grown out of her Cosco Scenera, which we use for travel, so we need to invest in something new. Any opinions out there yet on how it fits for the younger age range? Does the lap belt sit low enough? (Whatever I purchase will be our first booster experience as she's still in Britax 5 pt harness at home) And any opinions on how it would do if she were to fall asleep while in this?

FedBaby

DD has grown out of her Cosco Scenera, which we use for travel, so we need to invest in something new. Any opinions out there yet on how it fits for the younger age range? Does the lap belt sit low enough? (Whatever I purchase will be our first booster experience as she's still in Britax 5 pt harness at home) And any opinions on how it would do if she were to fall asleep while in this?

Additional info:
* DD just turned 4 in January. 37.6 lb. 40.3" at check up.

* Ideally it'll be narrow enough to fit in a Prius along with a Cosco Scenera (probably still RF for DS for now) and potentially allow a skinny adult to squeeze in as well... Not sure if that will be possible or not though. (I can barely squeeze in between the two Britaxs (one FF one RF) -- not comfortable, but doable for short distances if need be... This was not possible with the Graco infant car seat + FF Britax)

* Budget is flexible within reason -- if it's booster that we'll want to use in our regular cars at home, too, then I'm willing to pay more, but there's the concern with it getting damaged when flying... If it's only for travel purposes and will only used a few times a year, than I'd rather not pay too much (hence the Cosco Scenera for travel). More than cost is probably weight -- Britax convertible is crazy heavy for traveling... (Obviously we could still take DD's Britax convertible, but I'd rather not have to carry it since I'm likely flying with 4 yr old DD and 1.5 yr old DS but without my husband so if I've only got one carseat to haul through the airport, that's preferable. And I'm nervous about having to check an expensive car seat for fear of how it'll arrive on the other end...noticeable or unnoticeable

Thanks so much!

(Did I read that the Evenflo Big Kid doesn't have the lap belt staying low enough with littler kids and therefore I should avoid that one?)

veggiegirl228

If she fits torso wise the Evenflo Maestro would be a good option.

At 4 it is not suggested to get a booster only seat.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2LFo8vVi04"]The Importance of a 5 Point Harness Car Seat - Belle's Gift - YouTube[/ame]

A combo seat would be a good option.

It is not recommended checking carseats as luggage gets mistreated so there is no way to see if there is any damage.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lzmJr1a-BHU

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC