Rumor: New Recaro "Performance" line

gdinero

Recaro will be shipping "performance" versions of their Pro line of seats soon, possibly next week. Will include PerformanceRide, PerformanceSport, and PerformanceBooster.

The "pro" versions will remain, and the "performance" versions will be added. Some retailers will be replacing Pro with Performance, which may be a factor in recent sale prices seen.

Starting with the release, the suggested retail of the Performance line is $299.99 for the Ride and Sport, $129.99 for the Booster.

The suggested retail of the ProSeries is $279.99 for the ProRide and ProSport,$99.99 for the ProBooster.

I've seen few details on the Performance version, but should it's not a state secret and can be verified through Recaro. It seems to include new "hero" technology to help with harness adjustments and reduce twisting.

If this has been posted elsewhere, I'm unaware. I did run a search first. I have very little additional information to add to this.

G$

ADS

gdinero

the pictures of the performance line items that i have seen look very very similar to the pro line. I have no idea if it will include latch, the collateral i've seen just says "lower anchor attachments." Recaro told me that the Performance line is shipping next week, and a big box retailer told me that they are not getting in any more Pro models and are waiting on this new model, and have no idea when they are getting them.

There is a "real" cup holder on the Ride and two of them on the Booster, but the Sport looks like the usual side mesh pockets but now marketed as cupholders.

Time will tell, just relaying what I've been told.

Call Recaro and see what they tell you. It will take 10 minutes to verify one way or another.

mlohry

So have they changed anything about the Prosport, looks the same bones from the outside, just different color options.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I want more information. I hope they don't get rid of the Pro Line, especially with higher prices of the Performance line.

snoopygirl

Amazon has 3 of the marine performance sport, other sites seem to be hinting at a May ship date. As usual Recaro customer service is clueless.

I was literally about to purchase the proSport when I saw this. It seems like some sort of twist prevention is about the only change for the sport model.

Suzibeck

I don't like the new colors much. Oh well... Unless we crash something or suddenly come into a lot of money I won't be getting one anyway. Never got the young sport I wanted several years ago either.

jujumum

If their booster's tippiness is fixed by design changes or the latch, it will give the Monterey some stiff competition! I'm looking forward to its release. I just wish I could see them IRL before I purchase one.

Kel

I may try the booster. But my daughter really wants the graco ss because it's "extra purple", lol.

Anyway, thanks for posting. I wasn't aware of the change, and like the added cup holders on the booster.

Kelley

Athena

I wish it were coming out sooner! I like the look of the deep sides, those cup holders look fabulous, and I prefer latch. However, I'd like to see it a bit taller and don't love any of the colors. I wish the rose were more raspberry or a more exciting blue or a purple. Still, I'll be interested to see it when it comes out.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
The performance sport looks pretty much the same as the prosport imo. And mesh pockets are not cupholders! I wonder what this HERO technology is.... I wish they had pictures of the performance booster up.. . I was acutally hoping for some of the same colors, I really want matching seats darn it!

kristenbelle

We're really looking forward to the Performance Booster, as we have two ProSports purchased to use as Boosters (the LATCH feature for use in Booster mode sold me.) When my 2nd daughter is old enough for a Booster (she's still in her Regent) we're keen for some additional Recaros.

Athena

The performance sport looks pretty much the same as the prosport imo. And mesh pockets are not cupholders! I wonder what this HERO technology is.... I wish they had pictures of the performance booster up.. . I was acutally hoping for some of the same colors, I really want matching seats darn it!

Maybe I misunderstood, but I was going by the picture on carseatblog from the ABC expo and I thought I saw 2 real cup holders. I agree that mesh pockets don't count. ;)

Athena

Will this require vehicle head rest support like their others? Probably? I had forgotten about that and that would probably make it not work in my car. :(

jujumum

Will this require vehicle head rest support like their others? Probably? I had forgotten about that and that would probably make it not work in my car. :(

I read on here that some head rests can be removed and faced the other way. I'll likely need to do that with any booster in the 2nd row of my van (if it works and is really allowed).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC