No recline foot on prosport?

Maggie

I just got my new prosport today. It has a Dom of 12/14/12. There is no recline foot anywhere. I had my friends the other day, so I know what I'm looking for. There appears to be the holes for it to snap into, but nothing is there?

Attachments

• image-3640241516.jpg
    image-3640241516.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 39
ADS

Maggie

I've looked the manual through and through and there is no mention if a recline foot that I can see. I had my friends the other day, hers was a 2/12 with a foot. My straps are different than hers too, they have the white stripes. I will have to call in the am.

tracee877

Strange! I wonder if they did away with on newer ones for some reason? Mine is 2/2011 and has one. Interested to see what they say!

Maggie

So I just talked to another member here who I know off the boards too and she has a ps with the white stripe on the straps, jan 13 Dom and no foot either. Weird. You can clearly see the spots on my base where it should snap in.

mlohry

So I just talked to another member here who I know off the boards too and she has a ps with the white stripe on the straps, jan 13 Dom and no foot either. Weird. You can clearly see the spots on my base where it should snap in.

Not sure if it's me you are talking about here, but yeah DH said ours looks like there should be something there, but there isn't...I am not at home, so can't personally look. I will have to make sure I can get a good recline on it without, since DD is a big car sleeper. I think it should be fine with the captains chairs in our van.

Spam

strange. It's not in the manual either? Mine talks about it in the manual. Maybe they did remove them. Mine is 05/12, has the white stripes and recline foot. Mine easily pops off and on.

jess71903

Ambassador
Hm. Mine has one. Don't know DOM. The straps with the white stripe are the longer ones. There was a lot of complaint about the old ones being too short.

Maggie

I just compared an older manual to mine. On page 21 of the old one, there is a section about the recline wedge. It's even listed in the diagram at the front of the manual. Mine has none of that. Ill make a call to recaro in the morning. If it is how they're sending the new ones ill be bummed, we really need the recline for in my hubby's vehicle.

mlohry

I just compared an older manual to mine. On page 21 of the old one, there is a section about the recline wedge. It's even listed in the diagram at the front of the manual. Mine has none of that. Ill make a call to recaro in the morning. If it is how they're sending the new ones ill be bummed, we really need the recline for in my hubby's vehicle.

I really hope they will send them if requested.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Sounds like they changed design! I would love to have mine NOT have one! Let us know what they say!

mlohry

Sounds like they changed design! I would love to have mine NOT have one! Let us know what they say!

Really, why? Just curious.

To me it just looks off, because they didn't change the bottom, the notches are still there, just not the foot.

Maggie

Judi, they have changed the design. The new ones are being shipped without. Same seat, just no foot. One is available free if you call and request it.

Dillipop

My 12/12 probooster manual talks about using a recline foot but the booster doesn't have one. Maybe I'll call and see if I can get one for it, just in case it works better in some cars with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC