Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: What to RF in next????

It looks to me like the top of the headrest and the top of the shell are about level, and he has at least 2" before he gets to the top of the headrest. So if I'm seeing it accurately, he has plenty of room.

I love his rascally smile, by the way!
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

I actually ended up moving the headrest down a click so that it would be even because it was impossible to see anything with it up higher. He can use it at this level, but those times that he wants to stretch a bit it is tight, so we moved it up recently to where it is even/just a smidge below his shoulders.

Glad to hear that you think it is around 2 inches. I will keep an eye on him for any sudden growth spurts, and unless I absolutely fall in love with one of the other seats we may just try to hold out for the Nextfit and see where things stand when it shows up on the scene.

He is a sweet little rascal. He was so funny taking these pictures. He was so annoyed to have that ruler on his head, messing up his hair. Who knew he cared about his hair so much!

Not sure about how much space you have available but I'm 175cm (5'9") and installing the Foonf RFing with anti-roll bar puts the seat at such a reclined angle that I had to scoot forward my driver's seat in a mid-size suv (X5) to accommodate the angle. This should not be an issue once we stop using the anti-roll bar.
    The harness is not much work to adjust; i thought the same but my husband said he'll make the adjustment anyway. We also looked at the Peg SIP 70 but our poor design and difficult cleaning experience with other Peg products made us try the Canadian brand with the Crypton fabric.
    At any rate, here are some pics to show Foonf's size.

My Daughter is 17 months, 31.5 inches, 22lbs (in pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Uptowner; 01-28-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: adding pictures

6. Thank You from:

CPS Technician

Testing pic upload and IMG insert

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Not sure about how much space you have available but I'm 175cm (5'9") and installing the Foonf RFing with anti-roll bar puts the seat at such a reclined angle that I had to scoot forward my driver's seat in a mid-size suv (X5) to accommodate the angle. This should not be an issue once we stop using the anti-roll bar.
    Have you tried it on recline position 2? Clek has OK'd that position for RF with anti-rebound bar.
    DS1&2: Driving, DS3: 5 Stepping, DS4: 12/09 Parkway SGL

9. Thank You from:

Thanks Persimmon, did not know you can do that based on manual!

I now could move my seat to its happy home.

Cheers!

Carseat Crazy

Thanks for the pictures! I love how much legroom she has. Let us know if you lose much legroom when you stop using the rebound bar.

Could you possibly measure how much space it takes up in your car from the seat back to the back of the car seat? My 3rd row doesn't have tons of space so knowing about how much space this takes up would help.

I was able to try out the peg, Graco, and Radian in my car last week. Sadly, our BBB doesn't have the foonf and they won't be carrying it either. The peg was no bigger than the blvd, didn't care for it at all. The Graco went in very nicely. It didn't give us a ton more leg room which was a bummer because it was great in every other way, but it is a contender!

I got the Radian in!!! I don't know if something in the redesign helped or if I was just car seat challenged on the particular days I tried it before, but it went in quite nicely. It still doesn't have some of the easy use features that I like in a seat, but the harness wasn't as beastly as some say. Since DS will probably always ride outboard I need to decide how much having nice deep sides vs ease of getting kid in the seat factors in. I think I will just bide my time and hope that we make it until the next fit comes out and see how that works for us. Maybe I will get to a city with a foonf in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Could you possibly measure how much space it takes up in your car from the seat back to the back of the car seat? My 3rd row doesn't have tons of space so knowing about how much space this takes up would help.
    Per the Clek website, it is 33" with anti-rebound bar.

http://clekinc.com/foonf/

Scroll down to the Specifications section. They give lots of good measurements.
    DS1&2: Driving, DS3: 5 Stepping, DS4: 12/09 Parkway SGL