What to RF in next????

jjordan

It looks to me like the top of the headrest and the top of the shell are about level, and he has at least 2" before he gets to the top of the headrest. So if I'm seeing it accurately, he has plenty of room.

I love his rascally smile, by the way! :)

ADS

Chris

I actually ended up moving the headrest down a click so that it would be even because it was impossible to see anything with it up higher. He can use it at this level, but those times that he wants to stretch a bit it is tight, so we moved it up recently to where it is even/just a smidge below his shoulders.

Glad to hear that you think it is around 2 inches. I will keep an eye on him for any sudden growth spurts, and unless I absolutely fall in love with one of the other seats we may just try to hold out for the Nextfit and see where things stand when it shows up on the scene.

He is a sweet little rascal. He was so funny taking these pictures. He was so annoyed to have that ruler on his head, messing up his hair. Who knew he cared about his hair so much!:ROTFLMAO:

Uptowner

Not sure about how much space you have available but I'm 175cm (5'9") and installing the Foonf RFing with anti-roll bar puts the seat at such a reclined angle that I had to scoot forward my driver's seat in a mid-size suv (X5) to accommodate the angle. This should not be an issue once we stop using the anti-roll bar.
The harness is not much work to adjust; i thought the same but my husband said he'll make the adjustment anyway. We also looked at the Peg SIP 70 but our poor design and difficult cleaning experience with other Peg products made us try the Canadian brand with the Crypton fabric.
At any rate, here are some pics to show Foonf's size.

My Daughter is 17 months, 31.5 inches, 22lbs (in pic)

Attachments

• FRONT1.JPG
    FRONT1.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 22
  • SIDE.JPG
    SIDE.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Rear View Driver CTR.jpg
    Rear View Driver CTR.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Rear View Driver.jpg
    Rear View Driver.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Side view DRV.jpg
    Side view DRV.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Side View PGN.jpg
    Side View PGN.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Caviller

Testing pic upload and IMG insert

favicon.ico

Attachments

• csoavatar100.jpg
    csoavatar100.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 41

Persimmon

Not sure about how much space you have available but I'm 175cm (5'9") and installing the Foonf RFing with anti-roll bar puts the seat at such a reclined angle that I had to scoot forward my driver's seat in a mid-size suv (X5) to accommodate the angle. This should not be an issue once we stop using the anti-roll bar.

Have you tried it on recline position 2? Clek has OK'd that position for RF with anti-rebound bar.

Chris

Thanks for the pictures! I love how much legroom she has. Let us know if you lose much legroom when you stop using the rebound bar.

Could you possibly measure how much space it takes up in your car from the seat back to the back of the car seat? My 3rd row doesn't have tons of space so knowing about how much space this takes up would help.

I was able to try out the peg, Graco, and Radian in my car last week. Sadly, our BBB doesn't have the foonf and they won't be carrying it either. The peg was no bigger than the blvd, didn't care for it at all. The Graco went in very nicely. It didn't give us a ton more leg room which was a bummer because it was great in every other way, but it is a contender!

I got the Radian in!!! I don't know if something in the redesign helped or if I was just car seat challenged on the particular days I tried it before, but it went in quite nicely. It still doesn't have some of the easy use features that I like in a seat, but the harness wasn't as beastly as some say. Since DS will probably always ride outboard I need to decide how much having nice deep sides vs ease of getting kid in the seat factors in. I think I will just bide my time and hope that we make it until the next fit comes out and see how that works for us. Maybe I will get to a city with a foonf in the meantime. :rolleyes:

Persimmon

Could you possibly measure how much space it takes up in your car from the seat back to the back of the car seat? My 3rd row doesn't have tons of space so knowing about how much space this takes up would help.

Per the Clek website, it is 33" with anti-rebound bar.

http://clekinc.com/foonf/

Scroll down to the Specifications section. They give lots of good measurements.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC