5 point booster type???

KristinT

Good news on the Blvd. I can purchase the comfort foam for the upper and lower portions, total of about $13.00. Perspective shift.......

ADS

KristinT

So - new foam will be purchased and due to all of you fantastic people, I now know my seat has atleast one year left. Furthermore, I know what to get next year.

Thank you all so much. Taking the time to respond and lend your expertise is no small thing. What a wonderful and settling feeling it is to have my questions answered and addressed. I really feel comfortable and happy about our next seat and it's because of you all!

Thanks much!

Athena

Athena, It's just the comfort foam that is crumbly. I didn't know it was simply for comfort, but nonetheless, I may still buy a new one now due to BRUs sale and the comfort factor.

I'd love to hear about the Livia you mentioned! I see that's on a Parkway?

Thanks, K

I think it's for comfort, but I would ask them just in case. I don't want to misinform you.

I had a lot of questions about the fabrics when I was buying, so I'm glad to help out. :) The cowmoo is their typical soft, velvety cow fabric. Although I felt the Frontier was not quite as plush as their convertibles, it's still quite nice and my girls haven't complained. Now to livia, the black is soft like velour. The dark pink is like insulated nylon. I've read it described like insulated snow pants and I think that is fairly accurate. It's nicely padded and, although to me it feels not quite as warm for winter, my girls love it (more like fight over it ;)) and it's great for summer. In hindsight, 2 livias might have been the way to go, but those cows are really soft, so they're both nice options.

Although a couple things surprised me about the fabric on the livia parkway, we're keeping it. The dark pink fabric is the same, but the foam underneath is a bit harder. I'm hoping it softens up with a bit of use. Also, the black is not soft, but instead a typical woven fabric, but it's mostly on the sides. I've been disappointed that the fabrics seem to get less soft and less fun as one moves up. I don't understand that because my girls care more now about it and they want more fun designs and colors.

I should add that the Parkway starts at 40 pounds. The DD I bought it for is quite a bit bigger than your DD, but it may be a good option in a while.

Good news on the Blvd. I can purchase the comfort foam for the upper and lower portions, total of about $13.00. Perspective shift.......

I'm glad you called to check on it. Did you find she still fits okay by height?

P.S. Was a bit slow and cross posted. Glad you've figured it all out. Good luck!

KristinT

Hi Athena,

Thanks much for all the great info on the fabric options. I will definitely reference it when I make my decision.

I'm so glad you mentioned the seat height restriction. I need to pull out my manual and check. Thanks so much for the reminder!!!!

Kris

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC