Car seat magic..

Baylor

I know I posted about this before with my GN. But I have been playing musical care seat in my car. I moved the Frontier to the back bench right side and gained almost a whole slot when installed!

Now with GN, I had it in the back and when I moved it to the middle bench I gained room. I don't remember now how much.

It just hurts my brain when I think about it...

ADS

MyTwoSons

Not sure if I am remembering correctly, but are you the one who also has an '01 Caravan? If so, thank you very much for the info regarding the Frontier. Did you install it LB path?

Baylor

Yes. 2001 grand caravan. If that matters. No. In the last bench I have to use sbp because the shoulder belt does not fit behind headrest completely.

Baylor

The first time I noticed it was when I had the GN in the back left hand corner passenger side. I moved it middle bench outboard behind driver and gained about an inch..

ITS magic!!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Yes. 2001 grand caravan. If that matters. No. In the last bench I have to use sbp because the shoulder belt does not fit behind headrest completely.

Where did you find info saying the shoulder belt has to fit completely behind the head rest?

Baylor

I posted a pick when I installed it with LBP in the back and I was told here it had to be completely behind head rest. If not that would make my day! I love LBP much better. :love:

FOUND IT!!

6058a181.jpg

Found it. Now it was not straight and it was one of my first attempts at lbp.

mominabigtruck

My frontier fits just fine with lbp, I've never heard anything about the headrest though. The seatbelt is "just" long enough, usually I line up the buckle and get in the seat and bounce to get it buckled.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I don't see a problem with that install. In fact, if the headrest were lower the belt would be behind it. I also find no mention in the manual. Have your PMed Sarah Tilton with the pic to get her opinion?

Baylor

I don't see a problem with that install. In fact, if the headrest were lower the belt would be behind it. I also find no mention in the manual. Have your PMed Sarah Tilton with the pic to get her opinion?

No. I don't know who that is? Is that her cso username? Maybe if I take a picture from the side? I would love to be able to use lbp! Thanks for looking at it!

Eta. I found her. I will send her pic and ask. Thank you !

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC