Graco Headwise 70 LATCH connectors and recline angle indicator different than Size 4 Me/My Size 70

PikkuMyy

I went to Target a few days ago and checked out the Graco Headwise 70. At first sight, it looks very much like the Size 4 Me and My Size 70. It seems a little more padded but lacks energy absorbing foam along the sides. I know some of you wondered if there was more foam. I only found it in the head wings.

ForumRunner_20130120_120801.png

Upon inspecting the seat a little more closely, I noticed that it had SafeGuard LATCH connectors. The Graco website says that this seat has the In Right connectors like the Size 4 Me. *scratches head*
ForumRunner_20130120_120823.png

I also noticed that the angle indicator looks slightly different from the Size 4 Me. This one has an area for a newborn angle, something that is not present on the Size 4 Me's angle indicator.
ForumRunner_20130120_120811.png

When I was looking at the side-view pictures of the Headwise 70 on the Graco website, I thought the base also looked different. I compared it to a side-view pic of the Size 4 Me that Darren has on the blog. Something looks different but I can't put my finger on it. I would need to have both of them side by side. Any thoughts?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Do you have a photo of the base? I photographed mine pretty thoroughly and could probably spot a difference.

Interesting on the rest of the changes!

zoecoltsmama

the base d is diff at the part that has the arrow to what recline setting you are on, the other base doesn't have the piece coming out. I am sick and having hard time describing, like little versions of the sides of the advacate if that makes cents?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Looks like some cosmetic differences, but structurally the same. The MySize 70 comes with Safeguard LATCHes, so if the blog was different, it might have just been a super-early production model.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Upon inspecting the seat a little more closely, I noticed that it had SafeGuard LATCH connectors. The Graco website says that this seat has the In Right connectors like the Size 4 Me. *scratches head*
View attachment 19465

I have finally sorted out the confusion with the various connectors.

On the original Size4Me 70, Graco used the connector you may have seen in my photo/video at CarseatBlog.com. It has a unique design and a loop to pull to remove it, rather than a push button.

Graco has moved away from this style of connector due to supply issues, in favor of the deluxe push-button style from SafeGuard. They refer to either of these as InRight LATCH, to differentiate them from the standard hook LATCH attachments on most Graco products.

I understand the SafeGuard connectors will now appear on the Size4Me 70, MySize 70 and Head Wise 70 moving forward.

Apologies for any confusion!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC