Sante Fe... Love... Hate?? Pics?

love-pink

Ive been eyeing the Sante Fe booster since last year... Ive never seen one IRL and its really not talked about a ton on here.

Anyone have one? Do you like it? Pictures always help me a ton :cool:

ADS

NVMBR02

We have a Monterey that we use backless, so the same thing.

Overall, I like it and the kids like it. It is currently used as a spare for now. DD1 loves her Clek Olli and our other backless boosters are easier for shuffling around in cars. Ideally, I would like to have the Monterey/Santa Fe in Dh's car due to the LATCH but it is hard to buckle in his car and nearly impossible when we have all three seats in.

It seems well padded though and has great leg support. It also has nice deep cup holders.:thumbsup:

Baylor

I love it. I love the latch and ds1 (8.5) says its really comfy and deep he was in a Literider and it was just too skinny and short.
I can get you pics later when dh gets back.
auto correct hates me

Mysweethoneybee

I have a Monterey and we have used it backless before on one occasion. I think now that Graco has a latch option unless you need the cup holders I would look more at the Graco latch version. However if you have leather seats if the Santa Fe has the same rubber things the Sunshine Monterey has they are really nice because the seat doesn't slip on the leather like other seats do.

MorgieBear'sMama

DD uses her Monterey backless on a daily basis. Out of the Monterey, olli and backless TB she will pick the Monterey every time. Its wider, easier to buckle, offers more leg support and fits best in our 3 across.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I thought I replied here but it seems to have gotten lost in the ether...

I adore my Montereys, but haven't really used them backless. I do recall some posts on here where - due to the depth & added space at the rear of the seat to attach the back - the belt tends to be positioned too far *forward* on some kids' legs, not even touching the child's pelvis. As long as you are aware and watch for that, I think you'll likely be pleased with your choice :)

Baylor

Hold on and Ill get a few!

ETA: dh took DS2 to the park up the street. When they get back I will get pictures. I may have a few of DS1 who is 8.5 in it.. Ill check my files.

Baylor

This is ds1.

D9075861-CC03-4B00-B5E6-EC1E048335A7-2521-0000029F09296E98-1_zpsad7d34bc.jpg

B404B24D-E6C2-4D38-8F26-25E8F7C045E4-2521-0000029F02CE0990.jpg

He really says it is comfy. He is scooted forward because he was annoyed I asked him to go jump in the car... ;)

crunchierthanthou

We use our Monterey backless. I don't know that ds has an opinion, or even notices whether he's sitting on the Monterey or Literider. I just prefer it for the LATCH capability.

Baylor

My son had a literider but said it was uncomfortable and made him feel squished. He loves the dual cup holders too.. :)

crunchierthanthou

My son had a literider but said it was uncomfortable and made him feel squished. He loves the dual cup holders too.. :)

That could make a difference. I think your 8 year old has about 20 lbs on mine, and his cupholders don't hold cups. One houses a small rock collection, and the other can't open in our 3 across.

Baylor

That could make a difference. I think your 8 year old has about 20 lbs on mine, and his cupholders don't hold cups. One houses a small rock collection, and the other can't open in our 3 across.

He was 68.5 lbs last week at dr and 54 inches. And he only ever has one available for a cup. The other one always has something interesting. He loves he can put something in and close it up and hide it. Not so much fun for me when I open it and see a spider or frog.. takes me a sec to recover and realize they are not real.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC