Question Has anyone tried the new Graco Snug Ride Click Connect 40

kimmylynnk

I tried the Foonf, too tall, and the Britax Advocate for my 11 month old. The Britax didn't recline enough and his chin fell forward when he fell asleep. He hated it too. It was fully reclined. Very disappointed because I waited forever for the Foonf...
Replacing the Chicco Key fit 30 because it goes to 30" height and my ds is 29".
At BRU I saw the new Graco snug ride click connect 40. Up to 2 years old it says. Trying it now and he loves it. I don't mind getting a new seat in a year as I'm a car seat junkie...:) anyone have any info on this seat? It's 40 pounds 35" height... Thanks!
Kim
11 year old -56", 70 pounds Diona Santa Fe
9year olds 56", 69 pounds Clek Oobrs
11 month old now in Graco click connect 40

ADS

Stelvis

You can recline the Advocate more with a noodle if necessary.

I wouldn't buy that seat for an almost 1 year old.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I personally wouldn't buy an infant seat for my 11 month old, no matter now nice it was. It wouldn't make sense to pay for the base ability, when it gets old fast using that feature with an older baby/toddler.

I'm surprised the Britax didn't work for you at a 45° angle. I know that I used our Marathon at 35° and my baby's head was fine at 6mths - 11 months (got a new seat after that but not because I didn't like the MA). To verify, do you mean it was fully reclined in that you ensured it was at 45° by using a pool noodle if necessary? or was it just as reclined as it could be on your vehicle seat? I know in my vehicle, the MA naturally installs at 35°. If I required anything greater, I need a noodle.

She's riding in the new Peg convertible now. It's also at 35° and her chin doesn't fall forward in it. It's super cozy, has nice headwings, and is the easiest seat I've owned for tightening/loosening the harness. Maybe it's a seat you want to look at? You can still buy a new seat in a year if you're an addict; no judgement here! ;)

Oh, and I just remembered, that unless something has changed, the U.S. version angle range for the Peg is 40°-45° RF whereas in Canada it's 35°-45°.

Spam

If it fits your car and child best and makes you both happy, then go for it! A lot of older babies and toddlers don't like to be so reclined and prefer the more upright angle, but if your lo likes to lay back then why not? It's possible he could fit past the age of 2 as long as he has 1" of shell above his head and still weighs under 40lbs. I haven't tried any of my kids in it, I usually switch to a convertible before a year though. There are lots of convertibles you can try too.

kimmylynnk

The seat should work at least for the next 8 months right? As long as he's safe. He hates car seats to begin with so if I could keep him happy in this one .... At least the car seats i go through get passed down and used by others in need, right??

kimmylynnk

Forgot to mention the ease of travel with this car seat. It's easier to take on trips and will click into the stroller so I don't have to carry it... I do however have to carry the baby as he wouldn't appreciate being in the carseat in the stroller...
It's pretty lightweight and I believe it can be strapped in a cab easily...

Nisha

I have it for DS (born Dec 2012) - be aware that install without base might NOT work, so far I can't get it to install without the base without compressing DS's chest/tummy.
Graco's advice is to buy another base for the other vehicle. :rolleyes:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=236658

Tried my 18month old niece in it, she fit ok but was too tall already and she is shorter than their max height by at least 3 inches. (had all the exact specs written down with a picture but lost it!)

cmcki737

The seat should work at least for the next 8 months right? As long as he's safe. He hates car seats to begin with so if I could keep him happy in this one .... At least the car seats i go through get passed down and used by others in need, right??

Exactly if it works go for it :)

kimmylynnk

We will be traveling with the seat. Hoping it works since its easier than a big convertible seat to travel with and it sits on stroller... Infant seats never seem to buckle in well without the base. Was nervous with chicco key fit 30 buckled in without base when traveling...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC