B-Safe or Chaperone?

JustJack

Which seat is the most comfy/has the most padding? Doing the Britax Registry Rewards so it has to be one of these. Which would you pick for a newbie due in April?

(With DS I had a POS Evenflo that I hated and her moved to a BLVD at like 4 months. DD I had a Graco SR22 which I also hated and a Chicco KF22(?) that I liked ok. and she moved to the BLVD at 6m).

ADS

Stelvis

I can't compare, because I've never had a Chaperone, but the B Safe is a really nice seat IMO. Just well designed and not overly huge but with nice height and weight limits. The padding certainly seemed adequate and she didn't look uncomfortable. And it's at a good price point. My philosophy is if you're going to use an infant seat, don't spend a ton, and put what you saved into a convertible. I only used the B Safe for about 3-4 months because my baby was much happier once I switched her to the convertible full time -- she liked being more upright.

Wreckgoddess

Chaperone, all the way!!!!!

As a NICU RN, I have played with both. I significantly prefer the Chaperone. I like the B ok, but didn't care for the lesser head padding. And I love the no re thread harness and the anti rebound bar

I also prefer the chaperones fit on smaller babes

Stelvis

I didn't find the head padding to be something that was necessary. Because the recline was correct, I never found DD's head really slumped to the side or anything. I sort of like not having much around the head because I feel like nothing could impede her breathing.

But, she was full term, normal sized, and had some degree of head control at birth. Maybe it's different for preemies.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I hate the wide chest clip on the B-Safe. I work at a hospital and it is so tough to get the straps to stay on the shoulders in my experience. I'm sure this changes quick, because babies grow fast.

Stelvis

I hate the wide chest clip on the B-Safe. I work at a hospital and it is so tough to get the straps to stay on the shoulders in my experience. I'm sure this changes quick, because babies grow fast.

Huh. I believe you, but I never had that issue at all.

Wreckgoddess

I didn't mention that, but I TOTALLY agree. the fit on preemie shoulders is WAY too wide

Lnp838

we have twins and two chaperones and they're AWESOME. The no rethread harness is great. we have already had to adjust the height twice and have only had them home for 5 weeks, it would be such a pain to rethread so often. Plus my boys are super comfy n them and they're solid as a rock - i have full confidence that they are safe.

I have a friend that has the b safe and her son is always slumped in it, the head cushion will.not.stay in place and bugs the crap out of me! and very time i played with one in the stores the splitter plate would come through the shoulder slot when I pulled to tighten the harness. Ugh.

Meg

I love the B-Safe! I've never used a Chaperone, so I can't compare it with that, but I've had a Snugride 30 and Flex-Loc, and I definitely prefer the B-Safe over those two. I love the material (how easy it is to wipe down), the insert is really soft, padded, and cushy and stays put in the seat and doesn't move around (issue I had with the Snugride), and overall it's just a really easy seat to use. I loved the no-rethread harness on my Flex-Loc, but I found it's really no big deal to rethread the harness on the B-Safe since it takes just a min. and the seat is in the house anyway.
The chest clip is wide, but it didn't give us any issues.. my little one was about 7 1/2lbs in this pic at a week old:
8126184843_ae48a22b7b_n.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC