News New infant seats at Walmart WITH front adjust!

Jessica61624

I spotted some new seats at Walmart today. I didn't have time to put baby in them plus they're connected to the shelf.

Classic click connect 30-$99 price point which is awesome!

IMAG4250.jpg

IMAG4251.jpg

Second was the evenflo embrace 35 with front adjust. Price point $79. Super low bottom slots
IMAG4255.jpg

Purple!
IMAG4254.jpg

They also have green.
IMAG4253.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Irishmama

Hooray! I hate seeing all the loose harnesses on the rear adjust seats around town. Maybe this will help some.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm ashamed to ask, but what is "front adjust"?

No need to be ashamed! :)

Infant seats can either adjust from the front (like you see with all convertible seats) the 'tail' for the harness adjustor comes from the front of the seat, you push the button there to release or pull the tail to tighten.

A rear-adjust seat has a mechanism on the back of each side of the harness, you have to actually turn the seat over to see how to tighten and loosen it. They are a PITA, because you have to do both, because it's hard to see back there and you can't very well flip the seat over with baby in it :eek: and so they tend to be misused.

Randomly chosen link with a pic of a rear-adjust seat...notice no 'tail' on it:

http://www.bizrate.com/car-seats/4462955968.html

And what the rear-adjustors look like from the back:

http://atlanticcarseatsafety.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/rear-adjust-infant-seat1.jpg

christineka

I will be shocked if my walmart gets them. It sells only two infant seats- rear adjust snugride and rear-adjust discovery.

Wreckgoddess

My local walmart (Newcastle, OK) had that purple Evenflo front adjust seat the other day! I played with it and REALLY liked it as a seat I could recommend to my NICU mommas! It looked like it would fit a small baby GREAT

MotoMommaNH

I see! Thank you! I never knew that there was anything different than front adjust I guess. That's all I've ever used.

Holly

My Walmart has these seats now too! I was so surprised! I love the Evenflo Embrace 35! Low price, cute covers and front adjust!

2BunniesMommy

My walmart, here in the middle of nowhere, has the evenflo one. They also have a new graco infant seat, but it didn't look like it was front adjust. Will double check next time I go there.

Mags462

My local walmart (Newcastle, OK) had that purple Evenflo front adjust seat the other day! I played with it and REALLY liked it as a seat I could recommend to my NICU mommas! It looked like it would fit a small baby GREAT

totally OT but YAY for another Okie mama on here ;) And you're close to me too to boot.... that is all ;)

hboo22

I noticed my Walmart had the Graco seat the other day too! And our car seat selections SUCKS!! They also had the Harmony Defender 360!

2BunniesMommy

My walmart, here in the middle of nowhere, has the evenflo one. They also have a new graco infant seat, but it didn't look like it was front adjust. Will double check next time I go there.

I took another look last night. The new Graco infant seat we got is the SnugRide22 Click Connect, rear adjust :( At least there is now 1 front adjust infant seat available in town.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC