Which Combination Seat?

brightredmtn

DS is just a touch under the top harness slot on his Radian XTSL so I need to get a combination seat for him. I admit, since I haven't needed one I'm not completely up to speed on which one.

He's 6.5 but small, he weighs 44lbs.
I'd like for it to be a good booster so I won't have to get another one of those when he's ready.
Fairly narrow as the back seat in my 2009 CRV isn't huge and I do need to get people on either side of the seat in the middle occasionally.

He has a Nautilus at my mom's which I like but he has head slump when he sleeps. I've really liked our Britax seats in the past so I'm leaning toward a Frontier. Are the SICTs a lot wider?

How about a Prosport? I've never installed one in a check.

What else am I missing?

Thank you!

ADS

jjordan

The Prosport is a bit narrower than the Frontier, though neither is super narrow. We don't have head slump when the kids sleep. We haven't used it in booster mode, but I've heard it is usually a good fit. I really do like the seat. (The "no top tether after 52 pounds" restriction shouldn't be a problem for you, right?)

Have you thought about the Evenflo SecureKid 300/400? They might be a bit narrower than the PS or FR, though I don't know for sure, and I've never actually used one myself.

Honestly for a 6.5 year old I'd personally get a booster. But obviously that's your call. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC