DD tried the booster for the first time today!

D&L's-mommy

My DD, 4.5Years, tried the booster for the first time today! She rode in her brother's vivo, and did great. The fit was very good, and she followed the rules. She kept saying " I'm doing so good" :) Every now and then she'd reach up, lay her hand on her chest on top of the shoulder belt and say "It's still in the right spot". It was cute! She also wouldn't go near the buckle until I told her it was ok to unbuckle (at one store I was waiting for her to get out of her seat and she said "You didn't say I can unbuckle it")She is now unhappy with the idea of having to used her harnessed nautilus when her brother is in the car, but I'm not quite ready to swap it out for a HBB TB yet (or a second vivo, at her request). I hope she keeps up the good work,but still kind of sad that she's growing up. You know how it is ;)

ADS

momtoo3

I'm in the same place with ds3 :). My baby is growing up. I wil say it is much easier to stay in position in the Vivo than in a HBTB. The side wings and head wings are much deeper and really help. Ds3 has been using ds2's Vivo for picking up the girl I watch from preschool in our subdivision and doing awesome. Monday I put him in the HBTB instead to check the fit and he was leaning to the side a little too much. I'm going to stick with the Vivo for training right now. It definitely helps with boundries. He also tells me what a good job he is doing :love:. I don't think he is ready for a full time booster but it is great to know that if he had to ride with my inlaws or BIL that he would be able to sit properly if I wasn't able to install his seat in their vehicles (both have hbb's in their cars for ds2 and my nephew who are both able to sit fine in nbb's.)

cookie123

Yay for your DD! Maybe I should try a Vivo. Matthew is not great in the Parkway SGL He rides in a booster with his dad, so I thought I'd try to instill some good booster riding habits, but, as I said, he doesn't do great. Maybe the best thing IS to keep him in one of the harnessed seats until he outgrows it, like the NHSTA says. :)

D&L's-mommy

I'm in the same place with ds3 :). My baby is growing up. I wil say it is much easier to stay in position in the Vivo than in a HBTB. The side wings and head wings are much deeper and really help. Ds3 has been using ds2's Vivo for picking up the girl I watch from preschool in our subdivision and doing awesome. Monday I put him in the HBTB instead to check the fit and he was leaning to the side a little too much. I'm going to stick with the Vivo for training right now. It definitely helps with boundries. He also tells me what a good job he is doing :love:. I don't think he is ready for a full time booster but it is great to know that if he had to ride with my inlaws or BIL that he would be able to sit properly if I wasn't able to install his seat in their vehicles (both have hbb's in their cars for ds2 and my nephew who are both able to sit fine in nbb's.)

We have HBTB's too, she does not stay in position, and that's just sitting parked in front of the house, no way is she going to stay in position driving around. The vivo's more enclosed, so I think that makes a difference

Yay for your DD! Maybe I should try a Vivo. Matthew is not great in the Parkway SGL He rides in a booster with his dad, so I thought I'd try to instill some good booster riding habits, but, as I said, he doesn't do great. Maybe the best thing IS to keep him in one of the harnessed seats until he outgrows it, like the NHSTA says. :)

She rides harnessed regularly, I just want to know that she is able to properly ride in a booster if needed, and then she'll be prepared when the day comes she's outgrown her harness

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC