Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

WARNING Child Death - Another Terrible Accident

This popped up on my news feed on facebook yesterday:
    http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/187038601.html

A 3 year old was killed in an accident and she was in a backless booster seat. Being in a harness may not have changed the outcome, but hopefully this can be used to convince other parents to not rush into putting their kids into a booster seat as soon as they meet the minimums.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

That is a great article. The commentary below is even better. People helping other people to harness longer with seat recs etc.
    Michelle

Re: WARNING Child Death - Another Terrible Accident

Sad. How tragic to lose a little child like that. I can't imagine the guilt that would go with finding out you could have done better. P&PT for the family.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Moderator - CPS Technician

Such a tragic accident, though it really is a great article. Sad that it takes something like this in order for some people to take child passenger safety seriously.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Senior Community Member

"Four out of five car seats are being installed or used improperly," she says. "That means 90 percent do it wrong. That's why education and awareness is so important."

Oh my. "Education is so important." - like math and stuff... I was just about to post this article to facebook, and now I don't want to because someone's going to point that out.
    Kelley - Mom to: DD1 4/25/2006, DS 8/9/08, DD2 9/10/09
    host mom to a 16yo Chinese foreign exchange student
    2011 Toyota Sienna, 2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by kam1011 View Post
    "Four out of five car seats are being installed or used improperly," she says. "That means 90 percent do it wrong. That's why education and awareness is so important."

Oh my. "Education is so important." - like math and stuff... I was just about to post this article to facebook, and now I don't want to because someone's going to point that out.
    I noticed a ton of people commenting on that as well.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)