Look what I confiscated!

Beckers

My friend knows that I have become a bit of a nut about carseats and asked me today if I would help her move her DS's to a different spot in the car. My jaw hit the pavement when I saw what was in her car! DOM: Nov 1996!!

He left in our AO (I hate that seat anyway!)

ADS

all together ooky

Good for you! I'm sure she had no idea that seats expire (most people don't). I'm glad she was receptive to taking your AO (hopefully he won't grow out of it too soon.) :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Ewwwww. I wonder how it'd do with some gasoline and a match. It's not good for much else. Ick.

Glad she came to you for help.

Wendy

bethng

ya know, even if you have no idea that seats expire...why the heck would you not replace that nasty thing anyway? I mean COME ON! yuck. I would not want something so old and gross in my car.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I had that exact same seat!

I loved the gold accents on Navy velour fabric (on the Ultara V). I was just mad that the gold accents rubbed off the areas where the child sat. :( I loved that cover at the time, though! If only I had known... lol

jaded

Not really that gross, at least as far was what I've encountered. I've seen way worse seats still being used, and even some being sold. I've temporarily owned a few 1981 circa seats in the past, it's amazing what people will try and sell at a garage sale.

One great thing about the Ultara was that it had high harness slots.

Beckers

Good for you! I'm sure she had no idea that seats expire (most people don't). I'm glad she was receptive to taking your AO (hopefully he won't grow out of it too soon.)

I hope so too....He is a very small 3 yo. My DS is 2 and he is officially bigger than him now, so I think her DS will get a little time out of it. i was very specific that it was as high as it could go and even though it looked like it had another spot to use, that was for booster mode only! Then I told her it wasn't a great booster and not to use as one :eek:

I hope I can talk her into a higher weight harness when he outgrows the AO. I wish The FPSVD were going to stay around! I really love that seat FOR the price!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC