Question Does it ever go away?

CaseyRN

Does the booster nervousness ever go away? DD1 is 6 and has moved to a Graco Affix fulltime. The fit is excellent on her, she sits perfect in it and really "gets" staying in position, etc......but I still just feel like my baby is less safe. Even though I kow she is just as safe as she was harnessed. I want the seatbelt to be super tight like her harness was.....and that just isnt how it is. So, reassure me that I will get over these first time booster jitters!

ADS

Baylor

Yes. For me it went away learning as much as I could about booster safety and proper fit and that boostering after a certain age based on neck loads might be safer for them.

I know it is hard. When I look in the back and see two kids one in a lbb and my nearly 5 yr old in a hbb, I get a twinge too. But they sit well and have learned the rules well and I know they are safe. :)

Lemonade

As me in a year or two.

DS, who is 7 but small, moved to a booster full time this past fall. I would still harness him for a long road trip at this point but that may just be my own paranoia.

HappyHoo

It's gotten better but my DD still has the times of trying to get her brother over something that make me nervous.

I wasn't planning to buy the Frontier, but after the issue with the Monterey needed a headrest, I figured it was the best booster with leg support for her and I could pass it down to DS - so since I have the option, I do harness her for longer trips to help ease my mind sometimes.

But it was the same way for me with turning FF. It was so hard for me to do it when the seat limits were reached - but then I got used to it and it's fine.

2BunniesMommy

I hadn't noticed, but yes, if finally has for me.

DD1 just turned 7 last month. She has been 100% boostered for about 6 months and boostered in my car for about a year and booster in MIL's for 1.5 years. She stays in position, knows not to un buckle, etc.

Hadn't even given it thought until you asked, so I would have to say that at some point I have stopped being nervous about her being in a booster. I am completely comfortable with it now.

MommyShannon

DD was 6 when she stsrted riding in a hbb. She is 7.5 now and I am comfortable with boosters but not always her behavior in the booster. I put her back in a harness for a bit b/c she didn't sit right on gymnastics nights when she was tired and a little loopy. She's back in her booster now. I even let her ride in a lbb the other day to pick up two friends since I didn't have enough hbb and she wanted to all be the same. It fit great and she did well since it was such a novelty. I wasn't ok with the idea of that until really recently. These weren't "act crazy" together friends or I wouldn't have done it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC