Which bucket should I choose?

laurengt

I'm torn on which bucket to get and now that the BRU trade in event is upon us, I need to make a decision. My three contenders are the SnugRide30/35 (whichever has a pattern I like more), SnugRide Click Connect 40, and the Chicco Keyfit. I am having a LO in April and would love to get through next winter still using the bucket, if possible, which is why the Click Connect is appealing. (DS outgrew his SR32 at around 7 mos.) I'm only hesitant about the Click Connect because I haven't really heard too much about its use long term and if I'm going to spend that much on an infant seat and only maybe get 7-9 mos out of it realistically, I'd rather grab a Keyfit or just grab a cheaper SR 30/35 and save the extra $$ for the convertible or for FF seats for DS and pass the Radians to the newbie.

Any thoughts? Any one using the Click Connect on an older child that can give me some useful reviews? Thanks!!

Also, does anyone know if the Click Connect would connect to a stroller set up for the SR? I have an UPPAbaby vista and can get either the Graco or Chicco infant seat attachment, but if the seat won't be compatible that would impact my decision on this too.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, the Snug Ride 35 is significantly taller than the 30. The Keyfit is also more what I'd call mid-height. The 35 and 40 are much more likely to get you through the whole first year should you have a larger/taller-torsoed baby (as is the On Board 35/ On Board Air.)

laurengt

Does anyone have experience with older babies in the Click Connect? I'd love to know how it really does "in the wild" as far as ease of use goes especially. If its a PITA to get a 9-18 month old in an out of, I'd rather purchase a less expensive seat and only plan to use it for 6 mos or so, like I did with DS.

cookie123

No older kids experience, but it fit the 4 lb baby I had well. (At work - I didn't have a 4 lbs baby recently!)

Oh, and I noticed 2 new quick connect travel systems at Target. One had a rear adjuster.

laurengt

I think I'm going with the SR35. That should get me to a year/through winter and I'll save a little money that I can put toward the seats I'll need to buy for DS when the LO is ready for his Radians. Probably going with Frontiers and I'll need 2 of them, so any money saved on the infant seat will help with that ~$500 purchase. :)

I sort of timed my kids perfectly because DS will be 4 when the Radians get handed to the LO and there will be about 4 years of life left in them for her then she will be able to hop over into his combination seats and he can go to a booster. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC