Orbit carseat on Bringing home baby show

steph

On today's episode the couple had a Orbit carseat. It does look cool but at the end of the show when the baby was 10 weeks old, she looked like she would be outgrowing the seat soon (she looked squished).

Of course it may have been hard to tell on TV but it seems like it would be outgrown fast and at $899 for a travel system I would want it to last longer.

Anyone with first hand experience with the seat?

ADS

ignora

Senior Community Member
Our instructor had one at my cert class... it's really cool looking. I didn't get to play with it too much, though. I wish I'd have gotten to practice installing it, but I doubt I'll see any in actual use, anyway... not in my neck of the woods.

chickenman

ive helped parents install 3 of those, most of the time if its not in the center i need a small noodle to get the angle right, its big and heavy and i love how it turns so you can make sure the harness is tight and all that then turn it rear facing, im very intrested to see the convertible car seat they are developing to be used on the same base

Wineaux

They have the toddler stroller seat, as well as a rocker base, for the Orbit system on Amazon. One would think they'd have a toddler car seat coming soon as many owners baby's will be outgrowing the infant seat soon.

chickenman

They have the toddler stroller seat, as well as a rocker base, for the Orbit system on Amazon. One would think they'd have a toddler car seat coming soon as many owners baby's will be outgrowing the infant seat soon.

it will be released in dec is the target date and i will see it first hand on sunday or monday next week

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I saw that episode too....I got a kick out of the snow suit for the baby when mom was in a tank, shorts and sandles.

Also they didn't know how to use the harness properly...so it was pointless to have a seat that expensive if they aren't going to use it right.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC