lightweight, non-umbrella, seat-in fold strollers?

Mercuria

The threads lately have given me the stroller bug (especially since the little one started actually sitting in his stroller lately!), so now it's my turn.

I have my eye on the 2013 Valco Snap3, but it's not perfect. Are there any others?

ADS

Mercuria

Haha

Are there really a lot that meet the criteria in the title? I've actually been having trouble finding more than the Snap :eek:

I guess I should categorize lightweight as "under 15-ish" and maybe specify a compact fold, too (though I assume that comes with the weight).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Babyhome Emotion
BabyZen YoYo

Heavier than you want but nice:
Mutsy Spider
Valco Zee

ETA: sorry what does "seat in fold" mean? Don't know if above meets the criteria until I know that. :p

Mercuria

Sorry to be so vague! I was kinda excited to post :rolleyes:

I mean that I want the seat surface not to face out when the stroller is folded. The back of the 4Runner tends to be coated in dog hair (or sometimes construction materials), so I would like to keep the contact limited to the outside of the stroller, if possible.

I really liked the Emotion, but it folds out :(

Mercuria

Wow, the YoYo looks really neat and unique. I can't find it for sale, though.

I also suspect I'd have sticker shock. If it's priced anything like the Bloom, I'd have a hard time figuring a simple stroller to be worth that much. Of course, playing with one may change my mind...

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am so far from the stroller guru. I just like strollers but others are MUCH better at this.

The Mountain Buggy mini is 2 lbs. more than you want but looks nice other than that...

There are a lot more around 20 lbs. but 15ish limits strollers! It also kind of limits what features you're going to get.

Mercuria

I watched a video of the fold, and it looks like the seat just flips upside down? I *think* it's still facing out (though away from the camera in the video I found).

Yeah, I've noticed that it limits features. I'm not looking for a carry cot, carseat compatibility, reversible seat, air tires, or anything like that, but a parent console/cup holder or a snack tray option would be nice. I understand that I have to give things up for the weight. I can also be a little flexible :) Too close to 20 lbs makes me nervous, though. I'm small, and the cars are a good distance from our front door. The cargo area of the 4Runner is also about waist-height to me. A heavier stroller would be doable, but not fun.

As for limiting strollers, I'm pretty sure that's why I had so much trouble finding more. For some reason, the strollers in this weight range tend to fold seat-out.

I'm also perfectly fine if the answer is that the only two are the Snap and the YoYo. It makes my decision easier!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Quinny Senzz? I'm not loving it but I think it meets most of your criteria. I think you'd be happy with the Snap, honestly, if that's the one you keep coming back to!

D&L's-mommy

I was going to suggest the snap.
My DH hunts, and goes fishing, we are a very outdoorsy family, so there's always "nature" in my trunk. I picked up a cheap vinyl tablecloth that I keep in a zippered bag that a set of sheets came in (big ziploc bag would work too) when I have the stroller in the trunk I lay the tablecloth out in the trunk, put the stroller on top. Then it also catches any dirt or whatever else that happened to get on the stroller, so I pick up the table cloth and can shake it all out when we get home. If you keep your stroller in the trunk all the time maybe it'd be worth getting a stroller travel bag to help keep it clean. Even with the seat folded in, there's still a lot of exposed stroller to pick up whatever's lying around

Mercuria

KQ: I read that as "Snezz" and was wondering who named these things! I'm not loving it either, but I'm not sure why. I'm going to share it with my husband and see what he thinks.

I think you're right about the Snap, but I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something out there that I liked better. Since finding this place, I've discovered so many infant buckets I wish I'd known about before we got our KeyFit, and I just wanted to avoid that situation again. If I could find a stroller like the Snap, but nicer (without the cheap-sounding noisy hood (not sure if the 2013 version has fixed this) and the maybe option of a snack tray (Valco has no plans for one for the Snap)), I'd want to know!

D&L's mom: If the title of this thread says "Snap" to you, I'm going to take that as another sign that it's the closest to what I want.

I understand that folding in doesn't keep the seat pristine, but I'm going to take all the help I can get to keep it clean. We do something similar with a shower curtain for the snowboards when we're not using the roof rack, so I could probably hijack that shower curtain for the stroller. Thanks for the suggestion!

D&L's-mommy

when you have kids, you need all the help you can get keeping things clean :rolleyes:
I don't like the senzz either, not sure why, but it doesn't do anything for me, lol

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Bugaboo Bee. Yes, it 18.5# but it's light, nimble, folds the way you want, compact fold AND it has a cool, reversible seat! Also has all the "features" if you should need them like car seat adapters, bassinet, etc.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
This is insane, I am an addict I tell you! After mentioning the Bee in a couple threads, I am now lusting after Bee. Have my eye on a used one right now. *sigh*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC