Frowny face..

Baylor

Today I realized that I am on the verge of having no more harnessed seats in my car. DS1, Is in gn booster mode in Dh's car, sante fe in my car.
Ds2 is doing awesome in the Monterey and is only riding in the FR85 occasionally. He has a GN in dh's car but he no longer fits in it so I am moving the FR 85 in there until he outgrows it because it is just easier for dh to harness him.

So in my car will be 2 boosters. And that is it..

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN????

So now my obsession will have to be fed by boosters..

OOBR here I come....

Why am I sad??? :(

ADS

zactayaus

I dread the day my last kiddo no longer needs/fits into a harnessed seat. I may have to do foster care just to have a kiddo in one. Just kidding but I really do want to do foster care when my kids are bigger so you never know.:p

Baylor

I will have to start stealing kids like Judi when mine are too big!

Right?? ds2 is only almost 5 but he is just such a moose! He is only 4 lbs less than my 8.5 yr old! He has ruined all my chances at seats I wanted to try.. ;)

Zactayaus, I told my cousin that I need to borrow her dd so I can ride around with a rear facing seat once in a while.

Its nuts!!

I keep staring at boosters online and Dh is like.. um no. But I just tell him I will sell something else.. haha!

He does not really care. AS long as he can work them..

D&L's-mommy

I'm going to start booster training my #2 (and last) this week :( But next week I'm going to start watching my 5week old niece 3 days a week, so at least I still have an excuse to carry on my slightly unhealthy obsession with car seats, strollers, and baby carriers :D
p.s. DH thinks I may need a 12 step program lol

Meg

Today I realized that I am on the verge of having no more harnessed seats in my car. DS1, Is in gn booster mode in Dh's car, sante fe in my car.
Ds2 is doing awesome in the Monterey and is only riding in the FR85 occasionally. He has a GN in dh's car but he no longer fits in it so I am moving the FR 85 in there until he outgrows it because it is just easier for dh to harness him.

So in my car will be 2 boosters. And that is it..

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN????

So now my obsession will have to be fed by boosters..

OOBR here I come....

Why am I sad??? :(

I'm the complete opposite! Lol. I can't wait until my backseat is seat-free.:D There was a day when I took all the seats out because I needed the space in my car to go pick some stuff up from my Mom's, and I loved my backseat being all clear and clutter free with nothing on them. I might be the oddball here on CSO though. Lol. And have you tried an Oobr? I bought one and within a month we stopped using it. My son is small and he complained so much in that seat (and he's never complained in any seat!). His legs hung off the end funny and he'd contort his body (and made it so his positioning was then unsafe) in an effort to get more comfortable. So try the seat before you buy it (because IME, they are impossible to resell, at least around here.:()

Baylor

I'm the complete opposite! Lol. I can't wait until my backseat is seat-free.:D There was a day when I took all the seats out because I needed the space in my car to go pick some stuff up from my Mom's, and I loved my backseat being all clear and clutter free with nothing on them. I might be the oddball here on CSO though. Lol. And have you tried an Oobr? I bought one and within a month we stopped using it. My son is small and he complained so much in that seat (and he's never complained in any seat!). His legs hung off the end funny and he'd contort his body (and made it so his positioning was then unsafe) in an effort to get more comfortable. So try the seat before you buy it (because IME, they are impossible to resell, at least around here.:()

Hmm.. No I have not tried it.. I don't know where I could around here.. I will look though. Thanks for that tip..
I have a minivan, so I just put them both in middle bench and then fold down back seat so I I don't have an issue with space. I think it is more, I really like car seats. I think there are cool little mechanisms and getting better looking by the day. And that my babies are growing up. No more for me. DS2 starts Kindy in fall, Its all happening sooooooo fast!!

monstah

Hmm. I'd have to drive how many miles??? ;)

LOL, a couple hours. ;)

Coincidentally, I'm driving to Philly on Friday to see my little brother graduate so I'll be driving through on 95/276. I think I could make a stop for something to eat by you on the way back but I don't have a clue what time. Could be before dinner, could be 10pm. Depends on what we end up doing in Philly. PM me if you want to be "on call". :p

aeormsby

I'll be in that group too sooner than I realize. DS just turned 5 and will definitely fit in the Frontiers for another year harnessed, but I just realized I might need to make sure he's OK in boosters too by summer when we fly as he might not fit in the GO anymore :eek:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm the complete opposite! Lol. I can't wait until my backseat is seat-free.:D

Okay, good, someone else! I'm still an active tech and child passenger safety advocate. But my daughter 5-steps (and actually fits better without the booster than with it) in our main vehicles, and I am not the least bit unhappy about that. I still keep boosters for one vehicle and for guests, but they aren't usually in the cars.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC