Cocorro question

doriansmummy

If using a seatbelt how much of a pain is getting baby in and out? It looks awkward and I am short (5'1) and drive a van so the seat would be higher. Any input would be great! Or if you know of any videos showing putting a baby in and out.

ADS

thekatie

I haven't seen a video, but it's really not bad at all for me. I have an itty-bitty of a toddler though, he's only 23lb and less than 31" at almost 2 years. But I just duck him under the seatbelt, and have never had any trouble doing that. I'm short and drive an SUV, and find having a taller seat helps me getting kids into the carseats (any carseat, not just the Coccoro), since I hate bending when carseats are in cars.

Now, DH hates getting J *out* of the Coccoro, but even he doesn't have trouble getting him in.

gigi

I found it really annoying. I use the traditional routing and tether currently. When my girl gets closer to the top of the shell, I'll switch back but currently her great is 3-4" below the top of the shell.

NVMBR02

I did the euro routing and never had any issue. Even when I had the seat in the center I frequently loaded on the seat belt side since it was easier due to the other seats in the car but it was never an issue at all. :)

scoutingbear

On a 4 day road trip with multiple stops we had the CCO with Euro routing...thanks to Judi. :p M was about 28 pounds and 33" tall at the time. I just kinda launched her over the belt, hit her head on the door frame and dropped her in the seat. She got used to it after a few stops and learned to duck. I don't know that I would want it like that forever, but it was way less of a pain than I thought it would be for this trip. The seat was outboard and we had 3 across so I had to load her from that side.

whitneyg

So this makes me wonder, is there a reason to use the Euro routing instead of the regular routing? I have always used the regular routing with a tether. What is the primary difference?

scoutingbear

For my circumstance, we (okay, Judi), did euro routing because of the seatbelts locking latch plates and te fact tat I didn't have a d-ring to tether with. She met me in a stinky park inlet on the side of the freeway when I was heading north and she was heading south. Wasn't my car, needed to get a better install, etc.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Euro routing is great when it's available because it can help prevent the over-cocooning problem but also because it can reduce overall rotation, therefore reducing total movement. Plus it often gives a great install fairly easily compared to standard routing.

whitneyg

Euro routing is great when it's available because it can help prevent the over-cocooning problem but also because it can reduce overall rotation, therefore reducing total movement. Plus it often gives a great install fairly easily compared to standard routing.

Do tell...what in the world is "over-cocooning"? And would you Euro-route with a tether, or without? Is the tether unnecessary with the Euro-routing?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I kind of made up a term, but basically, people were having issues that the slightest bump, like of a kid climbing in, could send the seat flipping forward, and would have to be reinstalled. The Euro routing fixes that in a lot of cars (not all.) I would probably Euro route AND tether, but that's because I'm into using all available motion-limiting options and they do different things.

whitneyg

I kind of made up a term, but basically, people were having issues that the slightest bump, like of a kid climbing in, could send the seat flipping forward, and would have to be reinstalled. The Euro routing fixes that in a lot of cars (not all.) I would probably Euro route AND tether, but that's because I'm into using all available motion-limiting options and they do different things.

So do you think it is okay to do the regular routing and the tether? I never thought of doing it the other way because the regular way seemed to get me a solid install. I'll switch it if it would be beneficial.

thekatie

ketchupqueen said:

So Euro routing does help keep a rear facing Coccoro from flipping "forward" toward the vehicle seatback it's installed on? As in, if the child is sitting in a rear facing Coccoro, it's less likely to flip toward the seat it's installed on? Or does Euro routing only help keep the back of the Coccoro from tipping toward the front of the vehicle?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC