Grrrr! Graco buckle issues

xxluckychicxx

After defending them a few times, "Oh, it's not that bad, even 4 year old DD can buckle and unbuckle it!" I now have to eat my words :eek::mad:

DD how gotten stuck in her seat twice in the past week. Once at home (not so bad) and once in the daycare parking lot. Both time's I've had to remove the seat from the car with her in it and take the straps out from the back. After playing with the buckle for 30+ minutes I've finally gotten it undone each time, but that's ridiculous.

She can no longer buckle or unbuckle herself either and I'm having a difficult time each time.

I have followed Graco's instructions to swish the buckle part in warm water. Trust me, it doesn't help. At least not with her seat.

This is the only seat we have besides DS's backless booster. The seat is less than a year old, so still under warranty. What will Graco do? Offer to send a new buckle that will work for a few months until the seat is out of warranty and then I'll be SOL?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've had a few returned at BRU, and sometimes when I show people how much 'easier' the SR is than the puzzle buckle on the baby trend, it takes so much effort to even just get the buckle tongues IN the buckle, they wonder what the heck I'm talking about, 'easier'. Jeeeesh!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC