anyone had cowmooflage regret? (moved to Carseat Chat)

laudymama

I wasn't sure where to post this, but figured I'd start here:confused: I'm getting a chaperone for baby #2 and can't decide between the black/silver and cowmooflage. Obviously 2 different fabrics and one is more neutral than other. I like both, just afraid I'll regret the cow at some point! Has anyone got cow and wished they hadn't? Help me decide :)

Also meant to add….were you ever on the fence about getting cow or did you know for sure it's what you wanted from the beginning?

Last edited:
ADS

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
Re: anyone had cowmooflage regret?

Nope! I love my cowmoo seats. I think I'm on my third? I would really love for my whole van to be cowmoo!

jnamommy

We have a cow chaperone, and love it, although we have only been using it a short time. My older kids want cow now, too lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0041 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_0041 (640x427).jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 55

alake

my DH's truck is full of cowmooflage. He loves it, and I really like it. The girls got to choose their seat covers when we moved to Florida. They had a few options. When Eryn came along it was just natural for me to want to get a chaperone for her.

jjordan

Not so far... I got a cowmoo BV70CS several months ago and my 4.5 year old immediately claimed it. Then when I got a cowmoo chaperone for the baby, all the kids think it is super cool that it is another cow seat. I saw someone with a cowmoo BV65 cover for sale (dd2's current seat) and I am sorely tempted... Too bad (or maybe good thing, since I don't *need* it) the cowmoo Parkway is no longer an option...

redsox_baby

My only cowmoo regret is NOT having cowmoo.
:thumbsup:

We have a cowmoo old marathon, and it's wonderful. The splotchiness would hide any minor stains. We get lots of comments from others about how much they like it, and it's also great because it does not heat up in the summer. I actually traded away a black and silver standard-issue cover for a tan velvety one for this reason. The black and silver ones get HOT out in the sun. REALLY hot.

ginny4

My regret was not getting a cowmoo earlier then having to sell it a little later. My son outgrew the seat it was on. i miss the cow!

msg221

No regrets here. My very first Cowmoo seat was the old style BLVD I had for Zain and now he has a Cowmoo FR85 and I have a Cowmoo PWSG for the booster riding 7 year-old (Nour & Zain's cousin).

I have a Chaperone with both a cowmooflage cover and a black/silver cover. I never use the black/silver. It gets hot, shows stains and isn't as :cool: as cowmoo, IMO. I also have a cow BLVD and a cow MA classic. Both of those seats have multiple other covers as options but they never get used. The kids will eat me alive if I take the cow off :rolleyes: .

There are SO few seats out there with truly fun covers, that I'm living up the cow while I can.

VoodooChile

We had an old-style MA in Greystone, and when dd got old enough to have an opinion we bought her a Mariposa cover. When the seat got passed down to ds, I bought him a Cowmoo cover and that thing was amazing! He loved it, I loved it, and dd was mostly ticked that her FR80 did not come in cow. The plush was nice, it didn't show dirt, really, I'd have to nit-pick to find things I didn't like about it. I was very sad when ds outgrew that seat rf and we passed it on to dn.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I moved this from Coffee Break to Carseat Chat (or moooooved it, lol, that bad pun just had to be typed here ;)). When we replaced a Frontier80 with a Frontier85, we opted for the Cowmooflage print. DD2 loves it and I have no complaints about the cowmoo cover (unlike the snaggy red mesh cover we had on the original Frontier, ack).

laudymama

:thumbsup:

We have a cowmoo old marathon, and it's wonderful. The splotchiness would hide any minor stains. We get lots of comments from others about how much they like it, and it's also great because it does not heat up in the summer. I actually traded away a black and silver standard-issue cover for a tan velvety one for this reason. The black and silver ones get HOT out in the sun. REALLY hot.

Cowmoo is awesome. Soft and plush, and it doesn't show dirt!

I have a Chaperone with both a cowmooflage cover and a black/silver cover. I never use the black/silver. It gets hot, shows stains and isn't as :cool: as cowmoo, IMO. I also have a cow BLVD and a cow MA classic. Both of those seats have multiple other covers as options but they never get used. The kids will eat me alive if I take the cow off :rolleyes: .

There are SO few seats out there with truly fun covers, that I'm living up the cow while I can.

We had an old-style MA in Greystone, and when dd got old enough to have an opinion we bought her a Mariposa cover. When the seat got passed down to ds, I bought him a Cowmoo cover and that thing was amazing! He loved it, I loved it, and dd was mostly ticked that her FR80 did not come in cow. The plush was nice, it didn't show dirt, really, I'd have to nit-pick to find things I didn't like about it. I was very sad when ds outgrew that seat rf and we passed it on to dn.

Wow, so good to know about it not showing stains! I really thought it looked like it would be the complete opposite and show really bad with the light color in there. I was also thinking the cow would be hotter than the black/silver because it was plush! Really good to know from those who have experienced it. There is nothing worse than a sweaty child....that's one of the reasons I hated the KF so much!

Syllieann

I had a cowmoo bv70 in my van for the last 2 yrs. In the recent shuffle it moved to dh's vehicle. I miss it so much. I regret getting my fr85 in something other than cowmoo. I am considering buying a new cover for it because I miss my moo so much.

mlohry

I love it too, but had a summer cover as my DD would sweat in it in the summer. She's a sweaty sleeper though.

Cryssy Jane

See I must be weird. I keep trying to like moo and every seat I've had a moo cover on (ma65, blvd 70, fr85) I have ALWAYS sold the moo cover. I can't stand it. I love how soft it is and all but I cannot stand the moo...

Irishmama

No regrets here either! I always wanted a Moo seat, and now we have two. When we're done with the seats, I may have to make them into a quilt. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC