Question 3 across in a 2012 Equinox

U

Unregistered

Hi everyone,
I just found out I am having twins- my son will have just turned 3 when they arrive. We have a 2012 Chevy Equinox and are DESPERATE to not have to give it up. We live in Canada- just wondering if anyone knew whether this was possible (my son is in a FF seat right now, I think it is Eddie Bauer) and what seats to buy for the twins. Advice is greatly appreciated.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Hi there, he is about 31 pounds. I would have to measure, but he is quite tall. Don't know for sure.

U

Unregistered

Hi all, He is 36" (3 feet). I still REALLY need an answer to this question, please!!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You should be able to fit 3 across in an equinox, though you may need to get your son a different seat. Eddie Bauer has a few different models so it would depend on what model you have for your son. (Some models have pretty low top harness height as well, and if yours is one of those then you'd be looking at having to replace it anyways.)

Do you have any stores near you that you could try some different seats out? When it comes to 3 across that is always the best thing to do is just try seats out. The snugride 30 is pretty narrow so far as infant seats go, but you probably won't be needing a seat quite that narrow. You may be able to get away with Keyfits and potentially even something wider if you replaced your son's current seat with a Radian.

V

VanIsleMommy

it might involve at least one radian, and down the road maybe even two. but to start with you are going to want infant seats that fit very small babies well since you're having twins. depending on the seats and the sizes, you may even have to go without the base. The safety first onboard is quite narrow, there is also the chicco keyfit and some of the graco seats. you will also have to do all three installs with seatbelts not LATCH. ideally you'll want the three year old in the middle if you can make it work.

where are you located? it might be wise to contact a tech to go with you to the store to try seats out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC