Valco Spark duo or Stroll Air my duo or?

Spam

Like KQ with tax time coming I would like to get a stroller I LOVE. I had thought about going with a city select again, but really I had it and didn't love it, it just seems long. I wasn't sure how much of a rider ds3 would be, but it looks like he'll be riding more than the other two boys did seeing how he's not even walking yet. I want reversible seats, I like to see my babies. Would prefer a smaller fold, but not a huge deal since I can always wear baby and push ds3 in a single. I'm leaning towards the valco because the seat turns into a bassinet vs buying a bassinet for the stroll air. Anything else I should look at? No donkey, that's just way too much $$.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The push on the Donkey wasn't great for me worth one bassinet and one seat anyway. Two bassinets was better, but anyway...

What's your max price?

Spam

I'd like to stay under $800 and I'd love to find a deal lol. I also prefer sbs if possible, tandems always seem so long and the kids in the front seems a mile away lol.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I found good reviews of the FirstWheels City Twin which looks niiice (I loves me some Dutch stroller design, lol.) I found it at a store in Canada for $600 CDN, you'd have to have a Canadian friend ship to you (if you know someone near the border who regularly shops in the US, they can drive in and ship to you Greyhound which is cheap...)

I'm looking at one more possibility, I'll let you know what I find.

Spam

thank you! You are of course awesome! I've found the firstwheels on ebay with shipping to the US for $600 total. So, just have to decide which one I like more :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I can always help you out with getting something from Canada if you need if eBay doesn't work for you. I am nowhere close to the border though so it would have to ship from Canada.

jordansmom

I had the opportunity to check out both the new Valco Zee Two and Spark duo today. I had high hopes for both and was disappointed :(. Some good things on the Spark: the conversion from bassinet to seat is easy and straightforward, when used as a seat, it has a firm seat bottom and back (not sling-like as I thought it would be), great storage basket underneath, really nice push, good size seat (my 3.5 yr. old still fit and had headroom), the bassinet looked comfy. The negatives on the Spark duo: the fold was horrendous and it was somewhat tricky to maneuver the seats around to recline them/adjust them. Really though, the fold was awful. Very finicky if the seats or bassinet were on. If they had only made the handlebar height adjustable I think it would have solved this problem. If you plan on removing the bassinet or seat before folding, it wouldn't be bad, but this stroller would be a pain for me to load/unload into a vehicle on a daily basis. But I probably would love it if it just parked in my garage!:p

The Zee Two was what I expected for the most part. I was disappointed in the fabric though...it felt much different than my 2009 Trimode. The fabric on the Zee felt much thinner, cheaper, and not "nice". Boo!

I guess my point in posting this to you is try to test drive the Spark before you consider purchasing it!

carseatfreak

I've read reviews of horrid quality and horrid service on the Stroll-Air so check that out. I've always had decent service from Valco.

I have one of the first stroll air MyDuo's to be shipped out almost three years ago and I absolutely LOVE it! It arrived the day my twins were born (great timing). I bought the adapters to use with carseats.

It has the easiest push for me. We have used it over all sorts of terrain....trails, outside sporting events, wet grass, (keeping up with older dd - and i dont have the upgraded tires) and it amazes me all the time. I have had one problem with it...one of the buttons on the adjustable handlebar fell off (and we aren't gentle with it). I called and they sent me a new one right away.

It folds quickly and easily. During winter I use it most for quick trips into stores or the library by myself and it makes life easier. No joke that I was telling dh yesterday that its probably the best investment in "baby products" that we purchased.

Spam

I'm going to check a baby boutique after my next dr appt and see if they carry the spark duo. I'm guessing I'd have to remove the seats anyways to get it to fit. They are also supposed to be releasing a car seat adaptor in Feb.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC