Radian crotch strap position

Mrs. Skeeter

My son is 2.5 years old, around 33 pounds, and 40ish inches tall. He is currently RF in a SK Radian 80SL. I noticed recently in the manual that is says for children over 30 pounds the crotch strap should be in the farthest position.

So the issue/question...if I move the crotch strap to that position, it angles back. I could think of a few ideas:
- use a tightly rolled towel to fill up that space and prevent him from scooting down ( like a newborn)
- move it to the farthest position and do nothing
- leave it in the second position

I am uncertain what to do because the manual indicates that the strap should not angle back, but does not say if it is an exception for children over 30 pounds.

ADS
V

VanIsleMommy

I talked to the people at Diono about this and she said to use the middle crotch position as the buckle should not be angled back. I had the same issue with my kiddo ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Mercuria

It's unclear, but the 30 lb thing is supposed to be for forward facing, so you wouldn't even be going against your manual :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC