Re: Ford NO longer installing Tether Belt Achnors for free???

C

cjinstr

As a CPST I just had a Lady who became a 1st time aunt , I helped her with a seat for her 1998 cougar XR7 . I explained tether anchors and Ford's Program R7C . I called the Ford and Lincoln dealers intown and got various responses " no such program " "Ford gives parts for free BUT we do not install due to liability concerns" "I don't think parts are availiable " etc .I finally went to our FORD dealer to talk with the service person who had put me on hold . then never called me back-she was " not availiable" so I talked with the service Mgr showed him the Ford R7C info from LATCH manual and he got on the phone and computer 3 minutes later the anchor kit was enroute to the dealer.2days later the lady was @ the FORD dealer service bay and less than 35 minutes install complete . NO COST TO CUSTOMER . And a safer child. My point is 2013 Ford still honored the Program, we have to keep in mind this anchor retrofit is NOT something they do every month.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

You're in Canada, right? I'm assuming because you posted to an older thread in the Canadian and International forum but you know what they say about assuming, lol. If so, wow, glad they got it done for free because several years ago Ford reportedly ceased doing so for free in Canada if I remember correctly, and the Ford Program R7C continues to be applicable only in the U.S. for retrofittable Ford models.

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

IP of poster traces to Florida - just move it to carseat chat? or what should we do with it? The information isn't relevant to Canada - although Jean has already clarified that.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

Ah, then we should probably move it to Carseat Chat if the OP isn't in Canada. She must have searched threads and found the older one that happened to be in the Canadian forum where she posted this originally. I spun it off to a new thread to make sure it was seen hoping that there was some positive glimmer of hope remaining yet for Canadians with Fords in need of a retrofit. Instead it's a good reminder that persistence is recommended to pursue the free Ford tether anchor retrofit in the U.S. since dealerships are often not as informed as they ideally should be about the retrofit program. :eek: ETA: I moved this to Carseat Chat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC