Question What do you think of the MR ff?

MamaErin

I was just curious what everyone thinks of the MR as a ff seat, I know it isn't the best but does anyone have any pics of their installs or kiddos FF in it? We bought one for our son who is only 14 months so still RF but we are just curious how it will be when we turn him. I saw a few older threads on here about people having trouble with the FF install and then I found the one about the feet not needing to touch the seat so I was just curious what an install FF looks like...is there a certain distance off the seat that the feet are allowed to be? I have seen very few pics of kids FF in the MR and most of them are old threads from like 2010...I know it's not that old of a seat so I figured there probably weren't many kids FF in it at the time of those posts so maybe I can get some more input now. Any install pics or anything you or your kids liked/disliked about it FF would be nice to know! Also, how reclined was it for you FF and in what type of car? I tried ours in my CR-V FF before just to see how it looked and it didn't seem too reclined to me but I didn't think to check the little ball on the side and I have heard some say the ball is still in the green or even over-reclined FF! (even though I know the ball is really for RF)....What is your experience with it?

Last edited:
ADS

Christie

..... following..... DS RF's in a MR in our other vehicle and at 4 1/2, I realize that he's limited on how much longer he can (by height more than weight).

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brianna

Re: MyRide FF

This is the only occupied FF picture I have (he was dirty and tired from a long afternoon at the playground)
2012-08-16_20-13-24_657.jpg

It's his spare seat now, mostly he uses it in grandma's car- he likes it just fine.

Playing around with 3 across set ups
1117524183_photobucket_65416_.jpg

Outboard with feet barely off the seat- it could have easily gone more upright.
1117524183_photobucket_49799_.jpg

valleyfam

Don't have a pic on the computer right now but the My Ride is dd's main seat at 5y and 9 m and we love it. It was her rf seat until 4 y 3m when she out grew rf by height.

Cryssy Jane

I just replaced monkey's Mr in grandma's car because the buckle was too difficult for her. Installed it in my impreza and he said it felt like nap time. It installed very very reclined.

Eta monkey is 3 years 9 months and is 1/2 inch away from being even with the top slot.

Last edited:

zactayaus

Here's the most recent pic of my guy in the MR FF. It is seriously one of my most favorite seats ever (and everyone on here knows I have and have had a TON of seats:eek:). DS is 3y 8m. He's around 40lbs and 41". He's on the top slot with about 1 1/2" left before he outgrows it.

2013-01-09150748.jpg

Here's a full body shot. It's installed 3rd row of my 2000 Suburban and it was a super easy rock solid install with seat belt.:)
2013-01-09150804.jpg

And here's a pic I found of when he first went FF in it at 3yo. It's installed 2nd row of the 2000 'burb. It wasn't really that reclined it's just the angle of the pic but I do think if I tried I could have gotten it more upright. I however love how much this seat can recline FF because my kid is a big time car sleeper.
2012-04-17144726.jpg

Last edited:

Lenae

I have only used it once FF, but I liked it well enough. My DD is still RF, we just couldn't get a tight 3 across with her RF. I didn't feel like it was super reclined. More so than the RXT it was next to, but not horrendously so.

615963_480061562028378_849150024_o.jpg

momtoo3

Here is ds3, age 4 years 4 months, 32ish pounds and about 40 inches. He is even with the 2nd slots from the top. I really need to go change them but the seat is in dh's car and the only time I am around it is as I load up the kids on the weekends. I will get to it this weekend though...I hope :eek:. I love the recline for sleeping. Ours has the feet just touching the seat and the ball is on the line for the green.
20130112_155821-1.jpg
20130112_155852-1.jpg

MamaErin

Thanks for all the replies everyone! It is really helping me feel better to see that not everyone hates it FF! It was hard to find people that really like it that way in the threads of complaints...I was starting to worry that I would hate it eventually though I love it now! Seeing others that love it FF is great! I figured it would be great for headslump too, my sister has a nautilus and my niece's head is constantly falling forward. I also love the SIP! I watched a crash test video of a few seats online...not sure where they got them from but they were leaked on youtube and the MR was the only 1 that truly kept the kids head within the wings.

Shaunam

I know a lot of people think its too reclined forward facing but all of the kids I've used it with think it's super comfy! Charlie has one in her nurse's car and when she's not with her, her kids fight over who rides in it (she has 4 kids that fit, but two regularly ride in boosters).

Here's Adrian in the seat at 5 years old (or close to it, I can't really remember):

1007091749a.jpg

And Charlie (not sure how old...maybe 3? This was before she went ff full time):

0628101843a.jpg

Ninetales

We just stopped using it. We used it ff for about six weeks, and then my daughter just got too tall for it. :(

I love that seat. I love how it installs and how comfy it is. The only downside was how high it was. It was a bit of a chore to get my daughter in it and it made her feet really close to the front seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC