Maestro or Radian?

barkles2008

My DD is getting too heavy to carry so I want to put her in my son's TFP. I need to find him a combination car/booster seat. Radian's seem overkill because of their price when he won't be using it RF at all. He's 39" tall and about 35lbs.

I was thinking of buying a maestro since they are so light and fit the specs (we travel and switch out seats alot).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
ADS

tam_shops

Re: Mastro or Radian?

I missed his age?

Personally, I love my Maestro for a spare and travel seat. It's light and easy to lift, move and put in/out of cars.

I prefer the Frontier and then the Graco Nautilus for a more permanent daily seat. More padding, more comfortable and like how/where the straps sit better.

The GN has been seen on sale for $150 at some of the BC Walmarts, worth googling your local one and/or phoning them up to check it out.

Unless i needed the space for a 3 across, I would not bother with the Radian if I were not RF, I'd go for the taller Frontier.

tam

barkles2008

Re: Mastro or Radian?

Thanks! He's three.

I don't think we will buy two seats for him. Our drives around town are max 10 minutes so padding hasn't been an issue (It's actually when we travel that he gets uncomfy because then we do lots of driving but we really don't like hauling the TFP. It's soooo big and with two kids and luggage it's impossible to get to the check in gate without things falling everywhere lol)

If anyone else has views on the maestro, would love to hear it, but I do like the price. The Nautilus just seems so much heavier. I heard the radian is too with its steel frame.

Background:
We own:

A TFP
A Safety first alpha omega
a safety first on board air (for baby but that I hate lifting now)

mam521

I have a Maestro that was DD's daycare seat. Its alright. It does the trick because its lightweight and easy to move so it would be great for travel. The dayhome provider never had issues with it.

I agree with Tam though - if you want a more permanent seat, Nauti might be the way to go. It won't be lost for value because it does harness, HBB and LBB and has a long expiration. It is better padded and I enjoyed that I could actually get away with only cleaning part of the cover (ie/the bottom that ALWAYS got dirty) when I had one.

I also agree Radian is a waste unless you want to pass it to DD. It is a beast too...I forget every time I go to take the damned thing out of my truck until I pick it up. An in between option might be a SecureKids400. Its more than the Maestro, less than the Nauti but a pretty decent seat. Had this been an option when I bought the Maestro, I'd likely have bought it. Its online at babiesrus and amazon.ca

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC