Info for Land Rover Discovery Jumpseats

M

mum2tori

Hi-

We have a 2002 Land Rover Discovery. I was wondering if anyone has any information about whether or not you can use the rear (forward facing) Jumpseats with child car seats?

The only info I can find was that you shouldn't use side or rear facing jumpseats with carseats.

Any info would be very helpful. Thank you.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Always check the manual! Barring special limitations there, it is usually OK to install a child restraint on a seat as long as the seat faces the front of the vehicle (no child restraint can be used on a side- or rear- facing jump seat) and at least 80% of the child restraint's base is on the vehicle seat. If both of these criteria are met, it is usually ok to install the seat there.

M

mum2tori

The only thing the manual says about the jumpseats is how to fold them up and put them down. :( And the section on the child restaints only discusses the use of the LATCH in the backseat and how to use the tethers. It does mention about 400 times to never use a child seat in the seats with the airbags but that was the only real warnings in the manual. I figured if there is a danger in using the jumpseat with carseats there would be 'some' mention but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your help.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like it is probably OK if Land Rover doesn't specifically prohibit their use. Plus, if LATCH is included then it does appear that they intended the seats for child restraints. Unless the seat or seatbelts are among the types prohibited by the child seat owners manual, it sounds like it should be just fine if it fits correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC