Recaro Como Arrives!

arly1983

1st impressions:
-what is that chemical smell???
-suade feels rough to my fingers and hot
-nice deep side wings
-most ineffectual head wings, very floppy

I took out ALL the padding to try Jackson first as he was the only one awake at the moment. He fits well, with about an in on either side of his shoulders. He is exactly at the second from bottom third from bottom, middle, slots.

He sat right back in the seat and is watching sponge bob (I am not above bribing). He is still in the seat and watching sponge bob 10 mins later. (not sure what that says, hmmmm, sponge bob or seat?) It is time to go and install.

I will post later as I get more pics and more kids awake.

Picture399.jpg

Picture400.jpg

Picture401.jpg

For comparison:
Picture330.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

thepote

Re: Recaro Como Arrives!!

ooooh - looks like fun! :cool: Mine is still in ohio. It left Michigan yesterday.
Have fun, let us know how it goes.
:p

Jewels

Senior Community Member

Looks good Arly, now you have another seat that might be an option. Who did you order this seat for?

arly1983

Ok, more pics!!!

FFing install with locking shoulder/lap belt:
It was not hard but not fool-easy either. I did not use any of the relining seat tricks because I wanted to get a "feel" for how it would install in a non-reclining seat. It is not "rock" solid but I would say about 1/8-1/6 in movement at the belt path.

DANG!! That seat sits HIGH!! My MIL (bad back) will not like that. (If she would hurry up and get a new car, she could have the radian)

RFing install with locking shoulder/lap belt:
EASY-Peasy! Very close to rock solid, not quite. VERY upright. I put Jackson in it RFing as he just lost some weight and is at 34.8 lbs (as of last Friday) just to see what a 35 lb kid looks like. He seemed to like it alot.

Como vs. Regent
Picture402.jpg

FFing Como
Picture403.jpg

RFing Como, 35 lb DS
Picture405.jpg

Marathon vs Como RFing Space:

The grey line and RFing tether is the Marathon on the other side of the Como. As you can see, they take up the same amount of room RFing.
Picture406.jpg

arly1983

Looks good Arly, now you have another seat that might be an option. Who did you order this seat for?

I am thinking it will be great for my mom, who is looking for one seat to fit all 3 of her grandkids. The jury is still out on us using it.

I ordered this seat from healthchecksystems Tuesday and it shipped out the same day:thumbsup:

arly1983

Ok, here is Camille with all the infant supports in. She is about 18 ins and 22 lbs and 1 yr old. It was interesting getting her in and then I had to get the straps really loose to get around her and then tighten down quite a bit. I LOVE the design of the belly pad. She immediently did what I though she would, lifted her head out of the head support and tried to lean her head back on them.
I switched it back FFing and will get my take on it that way first. Both Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we will be going and getting in and out ALOT. I will switch it back RFing Sunday afternoon and we shall see.
Picture407.jpg

Picture408.jpg

LuvMyGirls

How long is the seat length? Jackson's legs are bent over it ff and look really squished rf. Even little Camille's legs are bent rf. (Yes, I know it's not a problem. I'm just looking at growth/comfort space.) Is the base even higher than a Marathon?

arly1983

MUCH higher than a Marathon. I will go get my handy, dandy measuring tape.

appr. 11 ins deep

MA base RFing appr 4 ins

Como base RFing appr 6.5 ins

arly1983

How long is the seat length? Jackson's legs are bent over it ff and look really squished rf. Even little Camille's legs are bent rf. (Yes, I know it's not a problem. I'm just looking at growth/comfort space.) Is the base even higher than a Marathon?

Yes, that does worry me, as part of our problem with the MA the last few months we used it was the seat was not deep enough. His legs fell asleep frequently.

Right now it is good but if his legs get much longer...

LuvMyGirls

Thanks. The Recaro had me tempted and dh is a big race fan. But, I don't like the height of a Marathon for older/bigger kids so this one's not for me.

shirada

I just posted in another thread about how high this seat sits RF. And yes, my 2 yr old legs looked really squished too, (I know it is not a problem but he had to put his legs over the top of the seat. I found it super hard to get him in and out of the seat and what is it with that dumb belly pad - I had great difficulty getting the buckle high enough to strap DS in. I am not loving the install over my Radian. It was a relief to take it out and reinstall my Radian.

LuvBug

I hope you like it! he has a LOT of room in it! and it would be great if you liked it RFing too, then you could just have an all recaro car :p

arly1983

I am having some problems installing it in the more upright 3rd row seats. It is quite reclined on its base in the most upright position.

In case yall are wondering how I am doing all this with the kids, my DH got off at lunch.

lovinwaves

I am having some problems installing it in the more upright 3rd row seats. It is quite reclined on its base in the most upright position.

In case yall are wondering how I am doing all this with the kids, my DH got off at lunch.

My 3rd row seats recline, do yours? In fact though when I installed it in my 3rd row my seats were pretty upright. I didn't have any problems :shrug-shoulders: What van do you have?

lilheifer03

Would you pick this over the regent? I think your ds is the about the same size as mine and I can't decide between the 2!!

arly1983

My 3rd row seats recline, do yours? In fact though when I installed it in my 3rd row my seats were pretty upright. I didn't have any problems :shrug-shoulders: What van do you have?

Nope, it doesn't recline, just swings forward. I have an 04 Ford Freestar. I am still working on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC