Good misinformation in the car seat world

MorgieBear'sMama

My babysitter, also a friend of 13 years told me yesterday she can't wait for her DS to get to 35lbs so she can turn his seat around! He's 21lbs now so I didn't say a word, just smiled and nodded. He will be one on the 18th. I was dreading pulling up in her yard to find his seat flipped. I'm not sure where she heard it, but hopefully it will keep him RF to at least two.

ADS

mommyfrog

My sister' s friend thinks the new recommendation to rear face to two was the new law. My sister didn't correct her either!!

gsdguenter

I think slowly 2 will be the new 1 when it comes to rf.

I still see most kids flipped at 1, but I do hear more and more people talking about the new recommendations.

D&L's-mommy

a lot of people I talk to think 2 is the law.
If they're saying "you have to rf until at least 2" then I let them think that
If they say "I have to ff at 2 because the law says rf 'until' 2" I correct them and tell them it's best to rf as long as possible.
I'm not a tech, I can do that, lol ;)

lovemybabies924

a lot of people I talk to think 2 is the law.
If they're saying "you have to rf until at least 2" then I let them think that
If they say "I have to ff at 2 because the law says rf 'until' 2" I correct them and tell them it's best to rf as long as possible.
I'm not a tech, I can do that, lol ;)

I'm a tech and I smile and nod lol

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I think most people thought the law was 1 and 20 even though in most states no such law existed. Hopefully the new recommendation will eventually become the same and people will think it's the law when it's actually just a recommendation. :) People are much more apt to listen when they think "it's the law".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC