22 lb @ $300!? Really?

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
This has got to be a typo, right?

Combi Zeus Turn $299.99
Max child weight - Rear Facing mode 22 lbs.
Min child weight - Forward Facing mode 20 lbs.
Max child weight - Forward facing mode 40 lbs.

If it's not an error, I can't see this product lasting on the market long.

ADS

Morganthe

Ahhh, but since the vast majority of US parents barely make it to 1 yr/20lbs before turn around anyway, at least it won't be outgrown in height before the weight limit is met ;)

Looks nice :shrug-shoulders: Too bad about the low rfing limit. :(

jdchic3

I posted a thread on this a little while ago. Someone posted back that it's possible they will amend the RF limit before it's released.

MaryAnn

This has got to be a typo, right?

Combi Zeus Turn $299.99
Max child weight - Rear Facing mode 22 lbs.
Min child weight - Forward Facing mode 20 lbs.
Max child weight - Forward facing mode 40 lbs.

If it's not an error, I can't see this product lasting on the market long.

I also hope that the listed harness heights are a mistake. The lowest is 9in and the highest at 13in. Wow, that's a lot of money for a seat that doesn't offer much. Boo to them.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nope, they aren't going to amend them, it can't pass RF testing with the 34lb 3 yo dummy, so it's really truly only going to rf to 22 :( :( :(

CRS

Senior Community Member
Hmm yes there are lots of seats here that rear-face till only 20lbs, I feel your pain!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Can they not test any in between weights?
Nope, all they have is dummy sizes of certain ages and sizes to work with..the 9 mo 20 pound sandbag, the 12 mo 22 pound 1 yo, the 34 pound 38 inch 3 yo (and I know Cosco puts a weighted vest on it to get the 35 pound rating, not sure if everyone else is doing that now), the 48/52/weighted 65...um, I'm fuzzy on what size this 6 yo dummy is now, lol..they just changed the rules? He used to just be 48 pounds... I should look that up...

So yeah, if it goes to 22 pounds, then the 22 pound 1 yo is all that 'passed' in it...if it goes to 30 pounds or 33 pounds, then that 34 pounder did fine in it :) (and you're wondering how seats can go to forty FF? the 3 yo does fine in them, then they do mathematical calculations to make sure a 40 pound kid would be fine).

Welcome to your carseat obsession ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe I'm making things up, but I swear we were taught seats HAD to rf to at least 30# now in the US?
Nope... just the infant seats have to go to 22, no laws are changed about convertibles. I wouldn't be surprised if there is now that someone had to go against the grain of all the other brands....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC