twins + toddler - best car seat configuration

marleymoo07

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2 year old DD (currently rear facing in Britax Boulevard) and twins on the way. My car was recently totaled and we are in the market for a minivan. I am considering the 2013 Odyssey and Sienna. Can someone tell me how to best configure two infant seats and a convertible in either car? Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Welcome.

What a lot of people do is remove one of the captain's chairs (and middle jump seat, if applicable) and then put the kids outboard on the third row and one in the remaining captain's chair. That way there's room inside for diaper changes, boot removal, and room to move to buckle in. With two infants and a rear facing toddler, what's probably easiest is the toddler rear facing behind the captain's chair, then a base on the other side. Buckle in the toddler (with the infants in their seats, one snapped into the base on the captain's chair, the other hanging out) then snap in the second twin.

You could also do both twins in the back and the toddler in the second row. That way you could still likely hand things back.

Are you using any of the crashed seats currently?

Wendy

Stelvis

Honestly you could put almost anything 3 across in the second row of the Ody. It's so easy with wide mode. I wouldn't even bother using the third row of it on a regular basis.

marleymoo07

Thanks for the replies. I did order a new Britax for my 2 year old DD. I have one graco snugride that was not in the vehicle and plan on getting another for the second infant.

Does anyone know if you can do 3 across in the middle row of the Sienna or just the Odyssey?

marleymoo07

Britax Boulevard, which is what she had before the accident. I ordered it on Amazon, it is due to arrive today. I haven't opened it yet so I could exchange it if there would be an alternative that would work better.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You should be able to put the Britax either three across in the Odyssey (I don't know about the new Siennas) or behind a front or second row seat. So that's fine. Which Snugride do you have for one of the twins? The 22 doesn't tend to fit small babies at all, the 35 is ok, but the 30 is great for tiny babies.

Wendy

marleymoo07

Right now I have one snugride 35 from 2010. Was planning on just getting another of the same since my parents and in-laws have bases already for the 35. Did not really consider if it would be too big for a small baby but don't really want to have to buy 2 new car seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC