Question Toyota Sienna

ericarizo

I am trying to decide between a 06 sienna, 8 passenger or a 08 sienna, 7 passenger with captains chairs and stow and go. I have 5 kids, 3 of them are still in CR's. Which would you get and why?

ADS

Mags462

What are you referring to as "stow and go"? To my knowledge that is a Chrysler "term" and also only found on their vans.

As for which i would choose it would depend entirely upon whether you are done having children. If you are done, i would go 7 pass mainly due to the fact that i prefer to have arm rests on my captains chairs..... if there *might* be another child in your future obviously it would be prudent to choose the 8 pass. In either scenario with the number of children you currently have both rows will be in use full time so my other opinion is irrelevant. You will have an easier time getting 3 across the middle row of an 8 pass - but i am not sure how you access the back row with the 8 pass option, so i don't know if installing seats in all 3 places is an option or if you have to tumble one to get to the back row.

Dillipop

The rear seat does stow into the floor. The middle row does not. If you want to remove a seat, it physically comes out of the vehicle.

We have the 8 passenger with 3 kids. I really like that I can put all 3 in the center row and have a ton of hauling space behind it. I also like that I can throw 2 kids in the back row and have enough room to bring my parents with us in comfortable seating arrangements.

clmchrissy

I have an 08 Sienna 7 pass. I moved my pass Capt seat to the center and access for kids to the third row is still accessible. I am not aware of any stow n go options. I have not done anything more than fold a portion of the rear row down though.

Mel281

I have the same question about 7 pass vs 8. The middle row only folds down, tumbles forward, but does not stow. One question I have is that if you remove the center seat, can the two ouboard seats be moved next to each other so the aisle is next to the door instead of the center?
Do you have RF kids? How many? ANy in HBB?

clmchrissy

I have 1 rf child in the driver side capt chair and 1 hbb rider 3rd row driver & a hwh rider ob pass. When my 5 yo uses a hbb he goes into the other capt seat otherwise I keep it folded down to see back.

I am not sure about the 8 pass capt seats sitting next to each other like the 7 pass. Mags I believe has an 8 pass and can possibly answer that.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I have the same question about 7 pass vs 8. The middle row only folds down, tumbles forward, but does not stow. One question I have is that if you remove the center seat, can the two ouboard seats be moved next to each other so the aisle is next to the door instead of the center?

No, it's not possible to move either of the outboard second row vehicle seats toward the center in 8-passenger 2004-2010 Siennas. It's possible to position the second row outboard passenger side vehicle seat toward the center in 2004-2010 7-passenger Sienna models, but not in the 8-passenger version.

Mel281

I am trying to decide between a 06 sienna, 8 passenger or a 08 sienna, 7 passenger with captains chairs and stow and go. I have 5 kids, 3 of them are still in CR's. Which would you get and why?

I guess part of my decision is about your 17.5 year old. Does he/she ride in the car a lot? Front seat or in the back? A three across situation will be a little more comfortable in the middle row than the back row. I'm guessing that regardless of the van, you'll want your RFer in the middle row, and if you do the 8 passenger, perhaps one your older children in the middle so that seats can easily be tumbled forward for the little one to crawl in the back. then the other big kid can go in the back (12 yo I'd guess) and one more LO in the middle row. It gives you a little more options than the 7 passenger. If your 17.5 YO is a big kid, I might do the 8 pass, just because of the bigger seats and the armrests on the seats will be more comfy. For both of your two olders, actually.

Dillipop

No, but you can remove the one closest to the door and leave the center and other side in. The center seat is almost the same size as the other captains chairs. We do this a lot when I have a kid or 2 in the back row.

doc9631

I'm new to this form and from what I've been reading, it can be very helpful.

My wife and I have a 5 year, 2 year, and triplets on the way (she's at the hospital on bed rest now). Our '06 Honda Ody's transmission died and we need a van or suv that can fit: 1 booster, 1 front facing, and 3 rear facing car seats.

I think only a Sienna with a 2nd row bench to fit 3 will work? I've looked at Yukon XL's and Suburban's with the 2nd row bench, but I don't like the tight fit inside and the trouble of getting the rear facing car seats out and the lack of head room to lift the babies out (not to mention the difference in gas miles).

Any suggestions?

Keeanh

I'm new to this form and from what I've been reading, it can be very helpful.

My wife and I have a 5 year, 2 year, and triplets on the way (she's at the hospital on bed rest now). Our '06 Honda Ody's transmission died and we need a van or suv that can fit: 1 booster, 1 front facing, and 3 rear facing car seats.

I think only a Sienna with a 2nd row bench to fit 3 will work? I've looked at Yukon XL's and Suburban's with the 2nd row bench, but I don't like the tight fit inside and the trouble of getting the rear facing car seats out and the lack of head room to lift the babies out (not to mention the difference in gas miles).

Any suggestions?

I wouldn't suggest an SUV with that many seats. You'll have a far easier time with a van. I think the older Siennas (before the current redesign), and the new redesign of the Odyssey are the more spacious 8p vans. I posted in your other thread, but I'll ask here too, have you looked into fixing your van? An '06 Ody in otherwise good condition might be worth saving.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC