thoughts on the Graco 30?

momkrissy

hello everyone im due to have a baby in April and i bought the Graco 30
91A099C9-B985-41C8-8DA8-840C8EC06B14-6971-000005ED111ED935.jpg

and of course the matching stroller but i wanted to know if you all like it or recommend something different? i have long been in the childcare world but now this is my own i want to make sure she has the best!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There is no one best, it's just the one that fits your car, fits your child, fits your budget, and will be used properly 100% of the time. Then added bonus for buying beautiful covers. :) Are you having a little girl?

This is a seat that is highly recommended. It's easy to install, easy to use, and fits babies from preemie size on up to usually at least around nine months. A small child might get 18-24 months out of the seat. A large one about six months.

If you find that you use it, love it, and have a second baby later you can always buy a more gender neutral cover if the situation requires it. Something to keep in mind for later with such a gorgeous but girly cover.

One note I tell my clients who have any Snugride seat is that when you're done with it reset it right away to the newborn position. As you're adjusting it over the months you'll see it has extra loops at both the ends of the shoulder straps and hips straps (they're each one strap, but the shoulder end and hip end). It's remarkably common for parents who have a Snugride to forget between babies that they need to put the loops back for smaller babies after their first baby grows. So then they come here saying, "I don't get it, it fit my first baby who was much smaller!" So I tell parents to reset it to the newborn position when you're done with it, rather than when you need it again, so it's more fresh in your mind.

Wendy

cookie123

The Snugride 30 is a great seat. I love that pattern. I wish my DD would find out if she's having a boy or a girl, but she's waiting for the surprise. I'm likely getting her the Chicco Liteway Plus travel system in Equinox, since that is what she wants!

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I had a snugride for 3 of my kids. Easy to use, easy to install, lots of great covers to choose from. :D

If you find that you use it, love it, and have a second baby later you can always buy a more gender neutral cover if the situation requires it. Something to keep in mind for later with such a gorgeous but girly cover.

Wendy

:yeahthatlove: However, make sure you get a cover from Graco, not a handmade or aftermarket cover. Graco has lots of covers you can buy directly through them, OR, you could swap with someone here if you end up needing a gender neutral or boyish cover later on. I do like Wendy said, and reset the straps into the lowest position before storing. Also, I take the cover off and wash it well, then put it back on and put the whole seat into a big plastic bag, and then a box. (Of course, when you wash it, make sure you don't wash the straps, and follow the instructions in the manual for how to wash the hardware.)

Congrats, and welcome. :)

momkrissy

Thank you for the great responses I'm having a girl. Charlotte is due in April I plan on erf and I'm a huge buff on carseat safety. My friends get annoyed w me but I don't care I love graco but I know sometimes people find carseat and font like then, I also have 2 true fits for when she's bigger I got for the kids I nanny for

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC