My size 70 vs. Maxi Cosi Pria

ConnorsMommy

Anyone have either of these seats? What do you like/dislike about them?
My son still fits in his infant seat but I am starting my research now for his next seat.
He is currently 11.5 months old, around 17-17.5 lbs, about 28 inches tall. I plan to RD until 2-3 years old, may e longer. I drive a 02 Odyssey and he will be RF drivers side 2nd row in the captains seat.
Questions for MySize:
Any issues with the headrest pushing the child's head forward?
Online review complained of issues with the harness being hard to tighten- any issues for you?
How is RF leg room?
Anything else I should know?

Pria questions:
How is RF leg room?
The BRU sales person said people had returned that seat because the fabric wasn't breathable. Any issues with that for you?
I'm looking at the Pria without Tiny Fit because my son doesn't need it anyway- anyone have one of those?

Any other advice is appreciated.

ADS

Phineasmama

I've had both.

Any issues with the headrest pushing the child's head forward? I did not have a problem with this, definitely not rear facing. I can see how maybe it could be an issue forward facing but I think it depends on the vehicle.
Online review complained of issues with the harness being hard to tighten- any issues for you? Yes it was extremely hard to tighten once installed/with the kid in it
How is RF leg room? Not great. I wish they had made it a little deeper seat pan because it goes so tall RFing.

Pria questions:
How is RF leg room? Great, I had my 4 year old rear facing in it with no issues. Very deep seat
The BRU sales person said people had returned that seat because the fabric wasn't breathable. Any issues with that for you? I can't imagine this being a problem, I'm pretty sure the fabric is specifically manufactured to be cooler?
I'm looking at the Pria without Tiny Fit because my son doesn't need it anyway- anyone have one of those?
They just came out so probably no one here has one yet. They are the exact same seat just no tiny fit.

thekatie

Pria questions:
How is RF leg room?
The BRU sales person said people had returned that seat because the fabric wasn't breathable. Any issues with that for you?
1) J is 22 months, 31" overall length (no clue on torso, legs, head), and rear-facing in my SUV, and only within the past couple of weeks can he actually plant his soles against the vehicle seatback.
2) The fabric is exceptionally breathable, or at least compared to the Keyfit he was in and the Scenera and Coccoro he has for other cars. J never sweats in the Pria, even in the summer in Tennessee humidity.
3) No, I bought mine when you had to get a TinyFit with it, but my understanding is it's the same seat with or without TinyFit.

I haven't had a MySize though, sorry.

bp2002

My niece has the pria... Sis picked it over the graco for couple of reasons.

E was about 13 months and 19 lbs when bought. Sis liked the pria fabric- she is a sweaty kid, and does well with the pria fabric.

-padding- the pria just seemed to have more padding.
-room/fit- E just seemed to fit in the pria better, with more room... giving the overall impression that the pria would be more comfortable long term. She felt the graco just seemed kinda cheap/flimsy compared to the pria. Also the pria installed very nicely in their rogue.

this is E in the pria at about 16 months and 21lbs.

Attachments

• 2012-11-10 14.36.09.jpg
    2012-11-10 14.36.09.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 56

thekatie

Is there any height requirements for the Pria?

Yes, rear facing is a 40 inch limit, and it says do not use if "top of your child's head is above the top of the child restraint's headrest". Forward facing goes to 52 inches, or "midpoint of your child's head is above the top of the child restraint's headrest."

M

myfrenchgirls

thekatie said:
Yes, rear facing is a 40 inch limit, and it says do not use if "top of your child's head is above the top of the child restraint's headrest". Forward facing goes to 52 inches, or "midpoint of your child's head is above the top of the child restraint's headrest."

When RF, "headrest" means the hard seat shell or the side wings? (My DD is almost at 40in tall (but far from the RF weight limit) and her head is almost at the level of the seat shell, but if I adjust the straps higher, the top of her head is still under the top of the side wings.) anyways I'll have to turn her FF in a couple of months because I will need to fit a third seat in the back row for the next baby, but I just need to be sure I'm doing things right.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC