So are there any great strollers I haven't tried out there? The Dream Stroller Hunt: Part 2

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Depends on the kid. Some are not very happy in it from the time they get interested in the world, others will happily use it until they are really mobile. On average I'd say you'd get 2 months on the low end and 6 months on the high end out of it, depending on the kid and the carrycot. Also some, like Katie Sue, will be really up and interested if you are carrying/wearing/strollering them, but in the carrycot in the stroller, they will calm down even if they are physically able to pull the head up and wiggle around, because they have associated it with a calm place, from birth on. She loves it in there, I'm sad she's almost too big. She gets easily overwhelmed by sensory input and it's awesome to have a place to put her that's safe from the world.

I'd say if you do a lot of walking, live in an urban or suburban area (where you tend to be walking in and out of restaurants, stores, etc a lot without going back to the car when you're out with baby), or could use a moses basket/bassinet anyway, and it's in the budget, it's a purchase that is definitely worth it. Several companies make carrycot frames that work with carrycots from many brands to use them as a bassinet in the house (if the mattress is firm enough and they are well enough ventilated.)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Tried the kids in the Sola today and HOLY COW that is WAY WAY shorter than the Urbo. :eek:

Aton%2520pics%2520013.JPG

Aton%2520pics%2520016.JPG

Maggie's head (it's hard to see because she was trying to get OUT) was at least 2/3 to 3/4 OVER the top. At least 6 inches, as opposed to just at the top of the Urbo. And her legs had less support by far. There is no way most kids will get anywhere near 50 lbs. in this even if they don't have torsos like my kids do!

The fabric is also cruddy, I didn't like the wheels very much, basket wasn't great, it did feel just overall cheap compared to the Urbo. I honestly couldn't believe they were charging only $100 less, this thing could be a bargain stroller with a quite nice push, honestly. Too bad the pretty colors aren't on the Urbo!

Did get to see the Sola carrycot, which I think is only a tidge smaller than the Urbo's. I don't need it right away, for sure. It's pretty much outgrown already. But I'll get it so I'll have it for the next baby. ;)

D&L's-mommy

I personally like the look of the sola better (the purple is gorgeous), but the urbo is better constructed, and will last much longer. I knew you'd be happier with the Urbo ;)

Jillian

Tried the kids in the Sola today and HOLY COW that is WAY WAY shorter than the Urbo. :eek:

Maggie's head (it's hard to see because she was trying to get OUT) was at least 2/3 to 3/4 OVER the top. At least 6 inches, as opposed to just at the top of the Urbo. And her legs had less support by far. There is no way most kids will get anywhere near 50 lbs. in this even if they don't have torsos like my kids do!

The fabric is also cruddy, I didn't like the wheels very much, basket wasn't great, it did feel just overall cheap compared to the Urbo. I honestly couldn't believe they were charging only $100 less, this thing could be a bargain stroller with a quite nice push, honestly. Too bad the pretty colors aren't on the Urbo!

Did get to see the Sola carrycot, which I think is only a tidge smaller than the Urbo's. I don't need it right away, for sure. It's pretty much outgrown already. But I'll get it so I'll have it for the next baby. ;)

KS does not look impressed lol

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So, I still haven't got my Urbo. Change in finances, change in plans. I still want one, though.

A month or so back, Mamas and Papas officially started distributing their own stuff (not just through other retailers) in the US.

And guess what they did? That's right, they brought the Urbo bassinet/carrycot in turquoise and red as well as black and tan! After they told me they had no plans. :rolleyes: I'm glad I didn't import one. I mean, I still might if I decide I want the purple one, but I think I'd be ok with a red carrycot, it's pretty (matches my Aton!) and maybe I'll just get the pink and purple (or purple... they also brought a pure purple) stroller, since they're modular. In fact, I can get the stroller now, since Katie Sue has outgrown the carrycot already anyway, and get the carrycot later. And decide then what color I want.

In other news, I think I have a stroller addiction. Because I still want this even though Katie Sue is doing just fine in the Maclaren Starck that we keep in the trunk when we don't bring her big stroller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC